PDA

View Full Version : Official iPhone rumour thread [merged]

warren21
16th November 2006, 09:43 PM
Hi all,

The http://www.mobilised.com.au/content/view/680/84/ iphone rumours are starting again.

Johnny Appleseed
16th November 2006, 09:56 PM
The iPhone isn't a matter of if, but when. Apple has virtually admitted it's coming.

iDaife
16th November 2006, 10:06 PM
I can't wait. I'm sure Apple will do it well too:)

QueenOfSwords
17th November 2006, 12:18 AM
My 3G iPod got click-of-death today. I think an iPhone (and the 6G) are coming soon, that's the reason I only bought a shuffle to tide me over until then.

MacTime
17th November 2006, 12:26 AM
So do you reckon they'll release in Australia straight up? Or will we have to wait? I'd buy one tomorrow if they came out, need to upgrade real soon anyway.

Johnny Appleseed
17th November 2006, 12:43 AM
Probably depends whether it involves a deal with the carriers. Personally I hope they sell them unlocked so you can BYO SIM card.

Kuma
17th November 2006, 01:25 AM
Probably depends whether it involves a deal with the carriers. Personally I hope they sell them unlocked so you can BYO SIM card.

that is the current rumour....

aswitcher
17th November 2006, 05:26 AM
Now they are saying it has a 2MP camera. That was a minimum requirement for me.

Hopefully it will have a Bluetooth heaset option and at least 4GB of memory. I'd buy that.

mechcon
17th November 2006, 06:13 AM
again, the mobile would have to be able to connect to and utilise 3G networks otherwise it'll flop

natakim
17th November 2006, 06:32 AM

yeah like that will happen.;) apple seem to keep their their products locked tight, ie their 'os'.:confused:

mechcon
17th November 2006, 08:20 AM
didn't the motorola rokr come available to most vendors (except 3 of course)

as for the 3g thing, i think im making quite a valid point... i mean shit.. video conferencing on imacs/macbooks/macbookpros, why not iphone too?

Kuma
17th November 2006, 09:07 AM
well it will have to be 3G...
if it is to be sold in Japan...

2G still exists here... but if you buy a new handset it is almost guaranteed to be a 3G handset.

as for unlocked go here (http://www.blackfriarsinc.com/blog/2006/11/apple-thinks-different-about-marketing.html)

Johnny Appleseed
17th November 2006, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple included some killer features that only worked with Leopard - to tempt more switchers.

sikosis
27th November 2006, 08:35 AM
Doesn't look like a rumour anymore ... here's a site saying it's CONFIRMED ...

"Apple iPhone Confirmed 10 Million in Production"

"A Taiwanese source has confirmed that an Apple iPhone is now in production and that more than 10 million will be available by January when Apple Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs will formally launch the new iPhone at Macworld in January in San Francisco."

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Communication/Mobile_Phones?Article=/Communication/Mobile%20Phones/C4P4W7L9

The Fluffy Duck
27th November 2006, 09:47 AM
I lvoe how that article came back to the sweat shop scandle only half way through. IT seems to be the patern recently with internet article.

"apple computer is going to make a new deveice. You know apple, the one where they used forced labour in china!"

The Fluffy Duck
27th November 2006, 09:54 AM
if it happens which I am really starting to doubt, I hope its an ipod with a phone built in, not a phone with an ipod built it.

OziMac
4th December 2006, 09:33 AM
Well, according to Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/03/kevin-rose-confirms-iphone/) Kevin Rose of Digg and iPod Nano fame has put his foot in the pool, claiming the following about the iPhone:

January launch on "all" providers, both CDMA and GSM
Extremely small form factor
Two battery design (with single charger) -- one for playing music, the other for phone functions
Flash memory: 4GB for $249, 8GB for $449
"Slide-out keyboard"
Possibly touchscreen

I for one am hanging out to put my constantly-crapping-out O2 Mini out to pasture. Can't wait, I hope it's a worldwide launch too, if it's not bound by carrier.

The Fluffy Duck
4th December 2006, 09:35 AM
Aparently the lock ness monster will be a keynote guest speaker

Kuma
4th December 2006, 09:36 AM
LBfLjqfYKM0

nbetts
4th December 2006, 10:00 AM
I am not holding my breath that we get this in australia along with the rest of the world. Our telco's are notoriously slow to approve handsets.

warren21
4th December 2006, 10:02 AM
Well I'm bloody over my crapy V3 I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out for the iPhone.

Kuma
4th December 2006, 10:21 AM
Aparently the lock ness monster will be a keynote guest speaker

You should listen to Kevin... he seems to know whats going on... to some degree anyway...

mechcon
4th December 2006, 10:24 AM
I haven't checked the video yet, but is there any mention of UTMS/3G technology being used?

Kuma
4th December 2006, 10:58 AM
I dont recall... Kevin spends most of his time debating if he should spill the beans or not...

mechcon
4th December 2006, 11:43 AM
apple will shoot themselves in the foot if they dont think about new/upcoming technologies especially in phones.

AU$600 for the 8gb model... interesting! that's the average price for a mid-range/high-end phone too, and if it'll be like a smartphone, then I'll be mighty impressed...

so I'll sit back and wait for a month and a bit to know what will DEFINATELY come out

gurgle
4th December 2006, 11:48 AM
wow he was so torn as to whether he should talk or not.. i can see apple being pissed-as on this one.. but surely his source knew he would spill the beans on this like with the other rumors hes broken....

the fone sounds cool though.. i can really imagine like he said apple doing things differently. im not all that keen on having my fone as my mp3 player but if they do it right i could see it being awesome

mechcon
4th December 2006, 11:52 AM
well well they mention utms, THANK FUCK!!

omelette
7th December 2006, 05:42 AM
more rumours over at AppleInsider (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2283)

... like the sound of .mac integration.

The Fluffy Duck
8th December 2006, 09:44 AM
anybody who has a blog can say. " I have insider information" then make up any old crap. Its been coming for 6 years it will be coming for another 6 years. :(

Aa
8th December 2006, 10:02 AM
anybody who has a blog can say. " I have insider information" then make up any old crap. Its been coming for 6 years it will be coming for another 6 years. :(

Nup, not this one.

Announcement in January,

mechcon
8th December 2006, 10:27 AM
perhaps the iphone will bundle with Duke Nukem Forever? :)

dolbinau
8th December 2006, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty convinced we are definately going to be some kind of iPod phone shortly.

vargz
21st December 2006, 03:11 PM
Leaked pics.......alleged:

http://www.looprumors.com/Pages/iphoneimage.php

mechcon
21st December 2006, 04:07 PM
http://www.looprumors.com.nyud.net:8090/images/iphoneimagemobileme.jpg

is the image that was on that site which is now down all of a sudden :P

Aa
21st December 2006, 04:20 PM
you know thats just odd enough and apple enough to be real.

hmmm...

nah.

lavo
21st December 2006, 04:35 PM
You would think they would incorporate the click wheel, in some form. And the SMS composition would have the keys in QWERTY, rather than alphabetical order.

The pad in the second half looks like a waste of space!

Fake in my book.

dolbinau
21st December 2006, 05:44 PM
I agree, looks fake.

mechcon
21st December 2006, 05:56 PM
also... 2ndary camera.. where is it? (assuming there is one on the back of it)

MrJesseRoss
21st December 2006, 06:05 PM
I'm liking that... I'd almost say that looks realish.

W2ttsy
21st December 2006, 07:52 PM
damn, i just bought a imate JAMin a couple of weeks ago :(

W2ttsy

p53
21st December 2006, 08:38 PM
if that's really the keyboard, how are you supposed to press the letters? stylus/finger? i don't believe it if it is.
and what's all the empty space for?

the gaffer guy
21st December 2006, 08:45 PM
My guess is that the bottom half would be lit from the rear and be context sensitive. So a keypad for phone calls, a jog-dial wheel for scrolling through the alphabet - hense why it is in alpha order.
I vote real on this one

p53
21st December 2006, 08:49 PM
that's an interesting idea gaffer guy. buy shouldn't that be in the pic?
i also think "Many abilities" sounds a bit tacky. I think Apple's marketing people could do better than that.
maybe they still need to touch it up a bit. only time will tell i guess.

Starscream
21st December 2006, 08:55 PM
yeh likewise. its got my vote for real that one.

Rayd
21st December 2006, 11:14 PM
that looks so impractical it has to be real :P

areal
21st December 2006, 11:23 PM
My guess is that the bottom half would be lit from the rear and be context sensitive. So a keypad for phone calls, a jog-dial wheel for scrolling through the alphabet - hense why it is in alpha order.
I vote real on this one

Then why would the numeric keypad by shown on the screen, or why would the scan/skip and pause buttons be shown? Same for the menu and options buttons. It seems bogus to me.

downsys
22nd December 2006, 12:24 AM
Many Abilities.
No Buttons.

?

With that kind of marketing, Apple wouldn't be where they are today.
Fake fo sho.

The Fluffy Duck
22nd December 2006, 01:06 AM
ithought the iphone was another companies creation?

icant
22nd December 2006, 01:21 AM
that looks so impractical it has to be real :P

Impractical would be if the whole thing was a white sphere. Or a cube.

Goodness, I can already see it happening.

tcn33
22nd December 2006, 05:20 AM
I call shenanigans. There are no buttons at the side which would operate the Menu and Options softkeys (top of display), and if it were a touchscreen you'd be pressing buttons with your cheek when you took a call. Plus they look like mockups printed on glossy paper and wrapped around an iPod mini anyway.

pipsqeek
22nd December 2006, 07:09 AM
I vote real on this one

There was a thread here a few weeks ago showing Apple taking out a patent on a touch pad of some sorts that can be customised depending on the application used. Maybe this is it.

Though I will say, the pics look convincing, but the design... something doesn't look "Apple" about it.

pipsqeek

Exocet
22nd December 2006, 01:59 PM
Well, the fact that iPhone is no long available for use by Apple kind of confirms it as fake, peoples :)

danno74
22nd December 2006, 02:52 PM
I dunno - it's a 50/50, as these darn rumours always are... the fact that everyone speculates on such wild rumours and grainy photos is beyond me anyway... sure, it's exciting, but the frustration when we don't see a product release when expected kinda' negates the excitement, don't you think?

maclover
22nd December 2006, 04:02 PM
I vote real on this one

I think if this was the case, they would surely demonstrate that in at least one of the phones shown. They wouldn't just leave a blank space on ALL of them.

I think it would be a great feature if it worked though!