PDA

View Full Version : Applecare

Jmi
3rd December 2004, 01:10 PM
Ehm, this is making me look stupid but I got a question here.
I bought Applecare when I purchase my powerbook a couple of months back and havent actually opened the box up and take a look at it. It is lying somewhere in the house.

Anyways, the question is, do I have to fill in anything and/or send anything do me eligible for the applecare??

If I have to, whats the last date of doing that?

I havent got much time to search the house as we are undergoing massive spring cleaning for the holidays. If possible, I do not want to spend my weekends messing up all the stuff that has been already tucked nicely away. Thus seeking everyone's advise here.

Thanks in advance :D

macmate
3rd December 2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Jmi@Dec 3 2004, 01:10 PM
Ehm, this is making me look stupid but I got a question here.
I bought Applecare when I purchase my powerbook a couple of months back and havent actually opened the box up and take a look at it. It is lying somewhere in the house.

Anyways, the question is, do I have to fill in anything and/or send anything do me eligible for the applecare??

If I have to, whats the last date of doing that?

I havent got much time to search the house as we are undergoing massive spring cleaning for the holidays. If possible, I do not want to spend my weekends messing up all the stuff that has been already tucked nicely away. Thus seeking everyone's advise here.

Thanks in advance :D
yeah your meant to send a form in that is found in the box. you have until your warranty (1 year from purchase) to run out. call 133622 and i think you can register over the phone (but again i think you need to quote a number found on the card that is in side the box that is somewhere in your house ;) )

anywho
have fun
:)

Jmi
3rd December 2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Macmate.

I sometimes wonder if applecare is worth it. but heck, I bought it LOL.
Was browsing in whirlpool and saw someone said he will be charged if there is no fault found. goodness me. LOL. Also notice you made a kind offer on that thread as well :D

Chr1s
3rd December 2004, 01:22 PM
... What's applecare?

*even more stupid*

macmate
3rd December 2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Jmi@Dec 3 2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks Macmate.

I sometimes wonder if applecare is worth it. but heck, I bought it LOL.
Was browsing in whirlpool and saw someone said he will be charged if there is no fault found. goodness me. LOL. Also notice you made a kind offer on that thread as well :D
yep. i am sick of the box shifters out there and want to offer people service they way it should be. i think the mac community deserve it. even if that means i get no money for it.

mbd
3rd December 2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Chr1s@Dec 3 2004, 01:22 PM
... What's applecare?

*even more stupid*
Applecare extends your warranty and telephone support. See http://www.apple.com.au/support/products/ for more information.

I never sell an apple laptop without recommending it.

hawker
3rd December 2004, 02:37 PM
I would happly say "no" to any future Apple Education promotions just to get the Apple Care put back into the education prices and packages :(

Let's march down Apple headquarters in Sydney!

pipsqeek
3rd December 2004, 04:08 PM
sounds like a plan

hawker
3rd December 2004, 04:35 PM
Okay so Hawker and pipsqeek are ready to march... who else?

the_OM
3rd December 2004, 06:16 PM
Macmate, you were saying that you had until the warranty expires to register it with apple..... Can you go out and buy an applecare warranty for a mac before the one year warranty is up? Or do you have to buy it at the same time as you buy your mac?

DrNick
3rd December 2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by the_OM@Dec 3 2004, 06:16 PM
Macmate, you were saying that you had until the warranty expires to register it with apple..... Can you go out and buy an applecare warranty for a mac before the one year warranty is up? Or do you have to buy it at the same time as you buy your mac?
As i understood it when i bought my first mac yesterday.
you can buy it at anytime but it backdates from the expiry of your warranty

zefi
4th December 2004, 08:37 AM
I'd get Applecare if you have an iPod too. Only $99.

decryption
4th December 2004, 09:03 AM
One of the benefits of my continuous upgrade cycle, I always have a new machine within that year anyways, so I've never bought AppleCare :P

jeremy
4th December 2004, 09:44 AM
At least if you're selling your old system, the AppleCare is transferrable. Might sell for a bit more if you have a year or two left on warranty.

july
3rd January 2005, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I've been a pretty ignorant mac user and didn't even bother to find out about all this applecare business. :/

I bought my ibook last February..If I was to purchase applecare, can the repairs that are covered under it apply to something that I've wrecked on my own [as opposed to something that goes awry which I had nothing to do with]?

I only need to get my dc board replaced but I'd like applecare so I'm covered under the extended warranty in case anything else stuffs up

Thank you!

MightyAtom
3rd January 2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by july@Jan 3 2005, 02:18 PM
If I was to purchase applecare, can the repairs that are covered under it apply to something that I've wrecked on my own [as opposed to something that goes awry which I had nothing to do with]?
No, AppleCare isn't insurance it's an extended warranty it'll only cover manufacturers defects. Check your home/contents insurance your Mac may be covered for incidental damage.