PDA

View Full Version : I just converted another!



scruffie
2nd December 2004, 09:01 PM
Just managed to get another friend to move to an ibook.

I think she's still stuck in her silly windows ways.

She's asking me right now how to connect to her brother's wireless router... she was told to wait till he came home so he could configure everything.
I just told her to go to the airport menu and select the base station. done!

heh heh. now she's asking whether she needs to download ad-aware and spybot... :P

Disko
2nd December 2004, 09:04 PM
Tell her to ask her questions here. :P

Ozi
2nd December 2004, 10:32 PM
also, is she hot?

*runs away from feminists*

But seriously, these forums are a good place to ask questions.

yinyang
3rd December 2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Ozi@Dec 2 2004, 10:32 PM
But seriously, these forums are a good place to ask questions.
what like the 'is she hot' variety...! :D

ooohhh ozi.......! [sighs]

pipsqeek
3rd December 2004, 08:47 AM
She can come and join the "Hottie Club" at #apple, on the IRC channel.

But seriously, Its little things like that, that get people thinking...well...differently.

I was giving someone an Excel Tutorial last night (bring on the inuendos). And when I had the iBook open to do things on there. When I let them use it a few times, they were alittle lost at first, but within 30 mins, they started to know their way around OS X and when they looked back at their 15" PC screen...they litterally said, "Yuk!, Windows looks so ugly, outdated and now, harder to use. I can't be bothered doing work on this after playing with your toy. How much was that cutiie?"

I laughed. Then proceeded to bring on the Apple propeganda.

Switched.

BOOYEAH!!!


pipsqeek

zefi
3rd December 2004, 09:33 AM
It was funny, as I was getting upset with my friend for not knowing how to use Mac OSX and I realised that it had become so natural to me. He got the hang of it, I think after a few more plays with the iBook he'll be quite proficient and at home with Panther.

Ozi
3rd December 2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by yinyang@Dec 3 2004, 01:23 AM
what like the 'is she hot' variety...! :D

ooohhh ozi.......! [sighs]
what? *shrugs*

its quantatative, and purley scientific in its aims. As questions go, it a succinct pearler! :D

Anyways to get this post on topic, I got my youthgroup leader interested in Apple computers and showed off exposť and all the clever little features of OS X. She went and bought a 14" iBook and now has a great wireless settup in her house: her husband complains that she spends too much time in bed playing "heroes of might and magic" and not enough time doing her uni homework. :D

Yeah, there is a certain satisfaction you get, deep down, after getting someone to switch from the PC world. I imagine it is like the feeling life guards get after they rescue someone from drowning a horrible, lonely death, and bring them back into light and the world of the living... :P

yinyang
3rd December 2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ozi@Dec 3 2004, 10:33 AM

Yeah, there is a certain satisfaction you get, deep down, after getting someone to switch from the PC world. I imagine it is like the feeling life guards get after they rescue someone from drowning a horrible, lonely death, and bring them back into light and the world of the living... :P
very poetic...!

i've managed to get two to switch, two others are seriously considering, and i'll be working on getting one of my sisters to switch - she was impressed with how easy it was to get all the photos taken on holiday burned into a dvd slideshow with a funky soundtrack.

i was also pleasantly surprised than another sis had gotten herself a 12" powerbook for her studies :)

i do think it is far easier to help people start on the 'switch' path when they see for themselves what apple & osx is like in the flesh - expose has to be seen to be appreciated!!

Disko
3rd December 2004, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't say it's satisfaction...

I *almost* got my mother a mac the other day, and i thought all my problems were over. No more viruses, spyware, virus checkers, and every other reason that keeps my visits to my mum's house occupied by her laptop. If/when the switch occurs - it'll be a releif more than anything.

macmate
3rd December 2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Disko@Dec 3 2004, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't say it's satisfaction...

I *almost* got my mother a mac the other day, and i thought all my problems were over. No more viruses, spyware, virus checkers, and every other reason that keeps my visits to my mum's house occupied by her laptop. If/when the switch occurs - it'll be a releif more than anything.
well proud to say that between my mum, dad sister and me we have 6 macs.