PDA

View Full Version : I need help.

warren21
1st December 2004, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I have just had my first Mac for about a week now. It's an Imac G5. Anyway I bought myself a copy of office today and installed it with no problems. I realised (after full installation) that I didin't need a few things office had to offer. I'm so use to uninstaling the old PC way that I'm not sure how to uninstall the mac way. I moved it to the trash but I'm not sure it's gone.

How do you completely uninstall office so i can wipe the slate clean and reinstall the componants I need?

Also after moving MS to the trash and emptying it i found a microsoft automatic updater that i didn't move to the trash. Apon trying to empty the trash it tells me it's still in use.

All I want is to simply remove office and put what I need back on again.

Please help as I'm still learning and trying to erase all my old habits from my PC days.

:unsure:

Phillip
1st December 2004, 09:25 PM
Put the office CD in and install the extras - install the "Office Remover"

The, use the Office Remover to uninstall stuff you don't want.

Hope that helps ;)

CarbonRods
1st December 2004, 09:32 PM
Just go to System Preferences > Accounts and remove Microsoft AU Daemon from the startup items. Then delete MS Office from from the Applications folder. If you're really paranoid you can also search though the ~/Library folder and delete any reference to MS Office.

But you really should get over this Microsoft paranoia, deleting an application from the application folder is all that's usually required. Welcome to the wonderful world of UNIX and wave goodbye to the Microsoft registry and anti-virus software.

Steve

warren21
1st December 2004, 10:14 PM
Thank you. Very much appreciated. :D