PDA

View Full Version : Midi problem

smartalec
30th November 2004, 05:40 PM
Hello
I've got a problem with my Midi set up. I'm running Panther 1.3 on a G4.
When I go to Audio midi driver set up (which says 'Midi set up is empty) and click on add device,test set up or rescan midi ,nothing happens.
When I go into new configuration or edit configuration it quits and I get the message 'application has unexpectedly quit'.
I'm using a midiman Radium keyboard via USB, with Reason 2.5 and I can't get Reason to recognise the keyboard at all. I've tried re-installing the drivers. Same thing - nothing! Done all the usual checks.
Anyone offer any advice? :huh:
Thanks
Smart Alec

Currawong
1st December 2004, 02:01 PM
Have you checked their drivers page (http://www.midiman.com/index.php?do=support.drivers) for updates?

beagle
1st December 2004, 02:25 PM
Are you just driving it from the USB or do you have the plug-pak plugged in as well?
Make sure it is plug directly to the computer, and not via the keyboard

Hope that helps!

beagle
:)

bassmanbliss
1st December 2004, 02:30 PM
Maybe have a look on www.osxaudio.com there may be some help in the forums there. is there any way you can reinstall AMS from the software restore disks that came with the machine?

12times50
21st October 2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by smartalec@Nov 30 2004, 05:40 PM
Hello
I've got a problem with my Midi set up. I'm G4.
When I go to Audio midi driver set up (which says 'Midi set up is empty) and click on add device,test set up or rescan midi ,nothing happens.
Anyone offer any advice? :huh:
Thanks
Smart Alec

I have got a very similar problem to Smart Alec's post
This post from Smart Alec on the forum (above) did not seem resolved and when I tried to get in contact he seems no longer available on his email ... hhmm. Anybody else outthere who can help ?
12x50

marc
26th October 2005, 09:23 AM
It sounds like a driver issue... do you have the most recent drivers? What music software are you using? Is there any other things plugged into your mac that we should know about?

12times50
28th October 2005, 07:51 PM
:D

I got some help just the day before yesterday:

deleting all previous drivers
all associated preferences files
and midi configurations (cfg)
then fresh install of latest drivers
then clean install and bing
all sorted

thanx a million

12x50