PDA

View Full Version : .Mac facelift

iGOOSE
29th September 2006, 02:41 AM
http://www.mac.com/1/webmail.html

.Mac gets facelift (from www.MacUser.co.uk)

Apple has previewed forthcoming changes to the webmail interface for .Mac users. The changes mimic the interface of Apple's Mail desktop email client, placing mail folders next to the Inbox so users can read messages and access contact info from a single page.

The new interface adds: drag-and-drop support for moving messages between folders; smart refreshes that keep page reloads to a minimum by refreshing only the portion of the page that needs updating; a Quick Reply button that enables replies to be sent without leaving the Inbox; an integrated Address Book (.Mac already provides support for syncing online and desktop contacts); message previews, so you can scan emails without opening them; flagging; and keyboard shortcuts for common operations such as composing new messages and searching mailboxes.

The new interface is previewed at mac.com/1/webmail.html.

Apple has not said when the new interface will go live.

.Mac is a collection of integrated desktop and online services, including email, backups, calendar, email and contact syncing, website creation and hosting, groups, and the iDisk online hard drive. For more information see mac.com.

Kuma
29th September 2006, 06:43 AM
its nice ... but they are going to have to do more to make me keep my subscription

hawker
29th September 2006, 07:18 AM
Good idea. Although from a web point of view I wonder how slow it is for people on less than 5MB, and I wonder if the search feature is a fast as spotlight ;)