PDA

View Full Version : iBook waking from sleep problem

maclover
24th September 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi all,
My iBook G4 has been bahving a little weird lately, when I put wake it from sleep, the password box appears( I have this for security) but it wont let me type, and the beachball just spins, then eventually it goes back to sleep.

When I wake it the second time, it always works flawlessly. This happens every time I put it to sleep.

Battery settings are on normal. At the moment I have not battery due to recall, so it is just plugged into the wall.

My screen is a little bent, so the hinge is a little weird , but I make sure it clicks into place and the sleep light comes on before I leave.

Any ideas on what could be going on? It's has plenty of warranty left if I need it - I just want to know whats going on.

Thanks in advance :)

maclover
25th September 2006, 05:25 PM
Any ideas?

Byrd
25th September 2006, 05:47 PM
Does the same thing happen if you login as a different user?

JB

Mctastic
25th September 2006, 06:06 PM
Is this when you're running on battery or mains? also check your energy saver settings. uncheck 'put the hard disk to sleep, .. on the mains & battery settings'. see what happens now. just sounds to me like the Mac is taking the time first to spin the drive up from a parked state

Fino_Mac
25th September 2006, 06:19 PM
This happened on my 12" iBook alot. I unchecked 'put hard disk to sleep' in System Preferences/Energy Saver and it stopped playing up right away. It is really annoying, having to type up your password a second time, when it wakes from sleep.

maclover
25th September 2006, 06:28 PM
Ok so I tried unchecking the "put hard disk to sleep when possible" but it still does it. Damn.

Byrd - I only have one account on this Mac.

This is happening when I use it with mains power - My battery is still getting replaced.

Fino_Mac
25th September 2006, 06:31 PM
Have you made sure that when you uncheck 'put hard disk to sleep' you selected Power Adapter from the scroll down menu?

maclover
25th September 2006, 08:15 PM
Yep - I didnt select it though -must have already switched because of no battery at the moment. Still same problem... :(

Mctastic
25th September 2006, 09:05 PM
best you admit it to an Apple support centre near you... ok, before you do, create a new user and see if this problem persists. it may simply be a user issue.