PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD from Aperture

32ANA
18th September 2006, 09:53 AM
Hey guys

Not sure if I'm being very blonde but I'm looking for an easy way to burn a cd of images from Aperture.
The only way I have done it so far is to export the images to a folder on the desktop which took FOREVER, and then burn it using Toast Titanium. But the even crappier thing is that when I was trying to copy the images from the desktop folder into Toast, it wouldn't let me select multiple images, like using the command + select images, I have to select them individually!
So hopefully you understand why I am not going to do that again!
Any help much appreciated.

Anna

decryption
18th September 2006, 09:59 AM
Aperture won't let you burn CDs directly from it's interface. You can fiddle around with the "Vault" feature, that's that's designed for backing up your Aperture library, not exporting versions.

The easiest way to do it is export the shots you want to a folder on your desktop, then just drag that folder into a new Data Disc in Toast and burn away.

32ANA
18th September 2006, 10:25 AM
I've already tried that though and it literally took hours to export approx 600 images to a desktop folder. I don't know why it took so long. And obviously 600 images wont fit onto 1 cd, so I had to spend a huger amount of time individually selecting the images to put on the cd, because it wouldnt let me select a group of images.

decryption
18th September 2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe you should try burning them to a DVD? I'd be surprised if your computer can run Aperture but doesn't have a DVD burner.

Also, what format are you exporting them to that takes so long?

jeremy_warnock
18th September 2006, 10:52 AM
Im hoping that the nest version of Aperture has built in disc burning support, it really is stupid not to have that feature. Anna in aperture could you select the imaegs you want, then place a comment in the metadat - say something like "to burn" then create a smart album based on the the coomenbt - that what I have done in the past - then export the to burn album to your desktop and create a new burn folder from it?

decryption
18th September 2006, 11:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeremy_warnock &#064; Sep 18 2006, 10&#58;52 AM) 215169</div>

Im hoping that the nest version of Aperture has built in disc burning support, it really is stupid not to have that feature. Anna in aperture could you select the imaegs you want, then place a comment in the metadat - say something like "to burn" then create a smart album based on the the coomenbt - that what I have done in the past - then export the to burn album to your desktop and create a new burn folder from it?
[/b]

That&#39;s another way to go too.

What I do after a shoot is go through all the shots and rate them. The photos with 5 stars then become a smart album which I can then export to either files or even to the web with ease without needing to select individual photos from a shoot that may have over 1,000 photos.

jeremy_warnock
18th September 2006, 11:19 AM
Ahh yes stars, good call Decryption (good call on the Ken Rockwell site, he site is very informative) - there are so many ways to create smart albums from various tights of tags - the only limitation is our imagiation, combition the star ratings with key words from projects too, it is limitless. If only we had the ability to burn - 24 September is the next announcment, Im hoping for an updated apterure

decryption
18th September 2006, 11:33 AM
The keywords system is great, if I used it, hah. I find it too much effort to go through a shoot and insert the tags, it takes far too long.

Maybe the pro&#39;s can hire assitants to do it for them and it works :P

I&#39;m hoping for just a general speed increase with Aperture, it still runs pretty slow on my Intel iMac with 2GB of RAM. When doing adjustments, my machine often is a bit slow to react to the slider and that *frustrates* me.

CD burning would be nice too, as well as better adjustments. I find the sharpness adjustment in Aperture to be very crap compared to the array of sharpening in Photoshop, or even the sharpening in someting like Capture One.