PDA

View Full Version : MBP Lid Warping.

scruffie
13th September 2006, 12:40 PM
Grr i am so frustrated.

I was going to sell my macbook pro. Ever since I had it I noticed that although the lid closed, the gap between the lid and the base was uneven. The gap was smallest in the centre and then grew out when it reached the corners. I didn't worry about it because i thought it was a common 'feature' of the mbp.

Progressively, its been harder for the lid to remain closed. For instance, you close it, and the lid will remain latched for a few hours. Only to pop up when i'd come back from work or wake up in the morning.

Last week i couldn't close the laptop at all.
I popped it into a service centre in melbourne. They are saying that Apple considers this user misuse or user damage or whatever - basically saying it won't be covered by warranty. Can anyone suggest a remedy to this? :cry:

f1_power
13th September 2006, 12:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scruffie &#064; Sep 13 2006, 12&#58;40 PM) 213382</div>

I popped it into a service centre in melbourne. They are saying that Apple considers this user misuse or user damage or whatever - basically saying it won&#39;t be covered by warranty. Can anyone suggest a remedy to this? :cry:
[/b]

Firstly I&#39;d try taking it to a different service centre for another opinion but someone I know had the back of the case warp due to heat and they wouldn&#39;t fix.

Good Luck anyway.

jerrah
13th September 2006, 01:47 PM
My lid raises slightly towards the edges but I&#39;ve never had trouble keeping it closed. It must be pretty warped if the latch won&#39;t close...

speedway boy
13th September 2006, 01:55 PM
I noticed this with mine as well. Its not a big problem, I can close it. But I have wondered at what point should I be dissapointed. I mean, I have bought a top class laptop that seems to have a design flaw. Or am I expecting too much.
Mine raises up about a couple of mm at each end.
I really hope it doesn&#39;t get as bad as you say&#33;&#33;&#33;

jerrah
13th September 2006, 02:05 PM
I noticed it pretty early on with mine and I assumed they all were that way.

My mbp was one of the first released and the gap at the sides hasn&#39;t gotten any worse over the last few months that I have noticed. Laptop is carried daily on a motorbike in a padded backpack.

scruffie
13th September 2006, 03:02 PM
I&#39;ll keep you guys posted. I&#39;m just pissed off because i have to prepare myself for a long fight. I dont like long fights. :(

Mine was the same. Just thought it was an inherent design flaw. Strangely enough i haven&#39;t been opening and closing the lid heaps. It usually stays on downloading all day.