PDA

View Full Version : My Macbook PRO has a pattern built in to the display

Malakai
8th September 2006, 07:16 PM
It's like there is a random pattern of dots, very subtle and you can only notice it when playing some video or a game or something.

Imagine sneezing on the screen, a fine mist. Then playing a movie/game and having the movie/game play with all these tiny dots all over it that don't move.

But it is in the display, since new.

It is much less noticeable in OS X, which makes me think that it might be something that is designed like that to make the OS X interface look better.

It is very obvious when in windows though and games/movies in either OS are the most obvious.

Oh and if I plug the DVI/VGA port into any other LCD there is no sign on the other display...

Am I imagining things? Is it a fault? Is it supposed to be like that?

Discuss!

g3monster
8th September 2006, 07:23 PM
Maybe your not running the screen at its native resolution?

cgollner
8th September 2006, 07:23 PM
I have noticed it. Only in Windows after booting via bootcamp. When the display driver initialses in windows there is some flickering for a moment and then it settles down. I am using the default blue background and notice "it". Its a little hard to describe. Like a mesh of dots but not a uniform pattern but the dots certainly seem uniform and are hard to see if your not looking for it. I only play Call of Duty in Windows and don't notice in the game at all AND it doesn't seem to be after playing the game.

I put it down to bootcamp drivers in windows. While in OSX everything is perfect. This makes me think its not the display itself.

jerrah
8th September 2006, 07:38 PM
I've seen nothing like that on my display?

Malakai
8th September 2006, 08:45 PM
Yes it's at native resolution.

I can see the phenomenon right now on this page... In Safari, I just have this open and with two fingers on the track pad and scroll up and down a few centimeters either way look closely at the SCREEN and NOT what's being displayed.

It's most noticeable on the darker blue parts of this site.

It's kind of like trying to see one of those magic eye picture things.

internet
11th September 2006, 04:46 PM
have you sneezed on the screen? try cleaning it ;)
check your resolution! what is it running at?

gizo
11th September 2006, 04:52 PM
It sounds like the anti-glare surface to me.

edit: of course, I am only one man...