PDA

View Full Version : Jammed cd and frozen macbook pro

MadMuggle
6th September 2006, 08:28 PM
We just got our new 15" MacBook Pro today and we put in a cd (first time we've used the drive) and it's not only stuck in there but it's frozen the coputer completely.

We've restarted but it's not even booting into Tiger so we can't try and eject it. I've read another forum on here about unsticking a cd but nothing's working (knife, tipping etc) and we're reluctant to be too rough on a brand new computer.

Does anyone know how we could get the cd out and how to unfreeze the computer? Is it possible the cd drive is faulty? Pleas help! We've waited a month for this computer to be delivered after being stuffed around by Apple and we don't want to have to send it back!

megaman
6th September 2006, 08:35 PM
hey mate, had the same problem. It's actually pretty easy to fix, get a bit of cardboard (I used the cover of my BF2 manual) and push it into the left hand side of the slot and hold it agains't the CD (to stop it spinning) while you boot up. The key here is just to get the CD to stop spinning. The CD should then eject and the system boot normally.
There was a site on the net that used the same method, but I can't remember the URL.
Hope this helps :-)

MadMuggle
6th September 2006, 08:38 PM
It worked! Thanks SO much! Phew.

megaman
6th September 2006, 08:42 PM
happy to help :-)