PDA

View Full Version : Digital Video Production

hawker
22nd February 2004, 01:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I had a chat to decryption about writing some articles for this site in regards to video production, you know the ins and outs of FCP, FCE, After Effects etc. Because thats what my background is in.

I was just wondering who would find it useful, and what you want to know. I possibly see it is as a semi-regular thing, perhaps even getting its own forum here. Who knows if it takes off!

Let me know,

Disko
22nd February 2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah - I like the sound of that.

Perhaps a comparison of the differences between FCP, FCE, and imovie would be a good place to start?

mhollis
22nd February 2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Feb 22 2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah - I like the sound of that.

Perhaps a comparison of the differences between FCP, FCE, and imovie would be a good place to start?
Final Cut Pro Has full preview of effects and will work with any resolution, including film
Final Cut Express Has decent effects, can be scripted and is a great way to graduate to a full on-line application. Only works with Mini-DV resolution.
iMovie a fun basic editing program for home use. Does not really teach one the kind of organization and effects building to work with the pros, but simple enough for Mom and Pop to edit good baby vids on.

That's it in a nutshell.

decryption
22nd February 2004, 03:40 PM
Hawker, I'm sure you've seen lots of newbies and amatuers come along and ask you questions/piss you off. You should write an article about frequent questions people new to the video editing arena have.

Or maybe some hands on reviews of the plethora of video-editing related apps for the Macintosh, with some screenshots.

Just some ideas, by no means a "I'm telling you to write this article because I want it". Write whatever you want, when you care about what you're writing, that's when it turns into something someone wants to read.

Jimbo
1st March 2004, 03:27 PM
Hawker, Being a Dv'er from way back i'd be more than happy to help you out with the section, i think it would be great to have a resource like this on the appletalk forums. I wish i had a resource like that when i was starting out with an imac dv 333 and adobe premiere 4.5

jameso
1st March 2004, 05:13 PM
Do it man, i would be interested

jameso