PDA

View Full Version : hooking up monitor to notebook?

mechcon
27th August 2006, 08:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dPs9mLrHFwA

okay, who notices what's weird about that vid?

edit: I realised what happened..

okay basically what i found weird was the fact that the main window was on the monitor, and the 2ndary was the powerbook, I checked display settings, and didn't realise that it's possible to pick WHICH monitor is the primary! :D

Mutters
27th August 2006, 08:16 PM
So, do you reckon they're using the PB as a second monitor?
You can asign your attached monitor as the primary screen.

mutters

Mutters
27th August 2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for acknowlegement Mechcon.

insular
27th August 2006, 09:54 PM
Display preferences > Arrangement > Drag the menu bar onto the external display

Mutters
27th August 2006, 10:48 PM
Bump

30th August 2006, 12:48 AM
I've noticed that in some posts re: advantages between the MBP and MB some have mentioned that you are able to use external LCD's for the MBP thus allowing more real estate...I was under the impression that if I had purchased say a cheap LCD CMV or the likes that I'd be able to plug my Macbook onto it, is this incorrect assumption?

Brewster
30th August 2006, 06:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Newbie &#064; Aug 30 2006, 12&#58;48 AM) 209351</div>

I&#39;ve noticed that in some posts re: advantages between the MBP and MB some have mentioned that you are able to use external LCD&#39;s for the MBP thus allowing more real estate...I was under the impression that if I had purchased say a cheap LCD CMV or the likes that I&#39;d be able to plug my Macbook onto it, is this incorrect assumption?
[/b]

Yes the Macbook can do this but you need the right adaptor. Apple sell mini dvi to dvi and mini dvi to vga adaptors so check the input of the monitor you plan to use.