PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Laptop Bag Recommendations - Urgent

William
23rd August 2006, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I really need to get a bag for my 13" Macbook, I want something that is reasonably cheap but also not ugly.

Recomendations would be great also places to purchase from.

I would really like to get a bag for under $30 but $50 would be the maximum.

Any help would be great thanks.

William

Cam
23rd August 2006, 09:23 PM
I bought an stm bag for my macbook for ~$50

its basically just a cover for your laptop. looks pretty snazzy

www.stmbags.com.au

p53
23rd August 2006, 09:27 PM
STM Rebound. fantastic bag, very good protection.

ilostmypassword
23rd August 2006, 09:33 PM
Try these ;)

Toffee (http://rushfaster.com.au/product.php?pProductID=TOF-MBP15-BLACK)

Maloo (http://rushfaster.com.au/product.php?pProductID=REM-M17-ORANGE)

William
23rd August 2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the ideas, where would I buy an STM Rebound and also the one thing I don't understand with the Rebounds is where do you keep the charger and accesories.

Thanks

Cam
23rd August 2006, 09:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(William &#064; Aug 23 2006, 09&#58;35 PM) 207756</div>

Thanks for the ideas, where would I buy an STM Rebound and also the one thing I don&#39;t understand with the Rebounds is where do you keep the charger and accesories.

Thanks
[/b]

you dont. thats not what they&#39;re meant for.

William
23rd August 2006, 09:37 PM
I want one that I can put all my accesories in so I don&#39;t have all these other things i have to carry round, any suggestions and places of purchase.

Thanks

brentd
23rd August 2006, 09:54 PM
For places to buy I found Rushfaster (http://www.rushfaster.com.au/) pretty good.

Go here (http://rushfaster.com.au/bags/laptop-bags/) to punch in your laptop model and it will give you a few suggestions... I think the Belkin and Booq power sleeves are around your price range.

@ ilostmypassword - sorry just saw where your links went... oops.

shtan72
23rd August 2006, 10:52 PM
I&#39;ve gone bitolithic. Great case and comes with complimentary "pencil case" to keep your remote and other bits like charger. Better value for money than STM IMO. Drawback is that its so popular that there&#39;s a waitlist. AFAIK its also the only case for Macbook that allows you to plug in anything on the side (eg USB / FW / power) WITHOUT having to remove it from the case so the bottom of the computer never ever needs to set foot on the table itself.

William
24th August 2006, 07:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shtan72 &#064; Aug 23 2006, 10&#58;52 PM) 207784</div>

I&#39;ve gone bitolithic. Great case and comes with complimentary "pencil case" to keep your remote and other bits like charger. Better value for money than STM IMO. Drawback is that its so popular that there&#39;s a waitlist. AFAIK its also the only case for Macbook that allows you to plug in anything on the side (eg USB / FW / power) WITHOUT having to remove it from the case so the bottom of the computer never ever needs to set foot on the table itself.
[/b]

where di you get it from, it sounds quite good, also how much?

Brewster
24th August 2006, 07:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(William &#064; Aug 23 2006, 09&#58;35 PM) 207756</div>

Thanks for the ideas, where would I buy an STM Rebound and also the one thing I don&#39;t understand with the Rebounds is where do you keep the charger and accesories.

Thanks
[/b]

I think the STM sleeves are so you can drop your laptop into any other bag or backpack or briefcase and it won&#39;t get damaged (and your charger etc goes in the bigger bag).

I use it that way and I like not carrying around a "laptop bag" and changing my bag to suit.

Wally
24th August 2006, 09:21 AM
Live Courier backpack (with padding for laptop)

Has room for macbook and lots of other stuff. That way you dont look as if you are a nerd.

shtan72
24th August 2006, 11:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(William &#064; Aug 24 2006, 07&#58;16 AM) 207818</div>

where di you get it from, it sounds quite good, also how much?
[/b]

Goto www.bitolithic.com

Can&#39;t recall exact price, but cheaper than STM.

jeremy_warnock
24th August 2006, 11:49 AM
streetwise has the stm bags for macbook starting at &#036;45 bucks - I got one last week and have not stopped using it since its great to be able to throw the laptop into my normal bag with power adapet and such and only take on bag with me

mac_man_luke
24th August 2006, 12:02 PM
Iv been using an STM Ally Medium, works great

rabit
24th August 2006, 01:01 PM
I picked up a lap top bag from the mostly 2 dollar shop for &#036;10.00, for my 15in.

newusr
24th August 2006, 10:13 PM
I was recommended to look at laptop bags made by Belkin and Targus, as both are made with very good protection and quality. Check out the sites http://www.belkin.com.au/ and http://www.targus.com/

Even though the average price is &#036;60-100, you get what you pay for. Is is noted that the 13" macbook do not fit into the standard 13" laptop bag. I got a Belkin 15.4" bag, and the macbook fit perfectly. So bring along you laptop to the store, to see which bag it fits into.

omelette
24th August 2006, 10:41 PM
had a crumpler (http://www.crumpler.com.au/home.php) for 3+ years and works a treat :thumbup:

30th August 2006, 01:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newusr &#064; Aug 24 2006, 10&#58;13 PM) 208089</div>

Even though the average price is &#036;60-100, you get what you pay for. Is is noted that the 13" macbook do not fit into the standard 13" laptop bag. I got a Belkin 15.4" bag, and the macbook fit perfectly.
[/b]

I got a great Targus Messenger Bag that fitted my Macbook PERFECTLY :thumbup: It&#39;s actually specifically made for 13.3" laptops and I bought it for &#036;43 but the normal price was about &#036;55. This bag is perfect and fits the MB perfectly, not loose nor too tight that you struggle to get the laptop in but it&#39;s tight enough to hold it snuggly during transport. Ensure you don&#39;t purchase the same design/colour but for the 15.4" :P

I&#39;ve also bought a sleeve from Ebay from a HKG seller I believe which is virtually very similar to the STM Rebound, it&#39;s very similar to the stiffness of a Rebound but also has a similar material to the STM glove so you can say it&#39;s got the advantages of both and like the Messenger bag it fits the MB snuggly. Unfortunately you will not be able to place your MB into the sleeve and put the two in the bag, but this won&#39;t proove to be a problem since if your using the Targus bag you won&#39;t need extra protection, I use the sleeve at home and when transporting when I&#39;m in the car :D

Post to edit: There are also a few "STM" bags that were designed for 12" that fits the MB perfectly but I prefer the Targus better since it&#39;s alot cheaper for starters :P but it will come down to personal preference I spose but since the MB has been out for awhile I&#39;d imagine that there will be heaps more accessories/bags available for the MB than when I first bought it ;)

Oli-G
30th August 2006, 02:04 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shtan72 &#064; Aug 23 2006, 10&#58;52 PM) 207784</div>

[/b]

I&#39;m keen to get something from these guys. I realise there&#39;s a waiting list, but they&#39;ve not responded to my enquiry emails, period :s