PDA

View Full Version : problem with desktop image

IIe2PB
19th August 2006, 08:56 AM
Ok all...please don't laugh. :blink:

I have a bit of a problem that I can't solve. I was in iphoto and I accidentally shared a couple of photos of my brothers mut onto my desktop by going >Share>desktop. Now I get these two photos constantly rotating around.

I have tried going into system prefferences and setting other images as my desktop. I close the system prefferences window, and it holds the image for 30 seconds and then we've got the dog back. I've tried selecting apple stock images, clicking change picture on, change picture off. No matter what I do I have these mut photos alternating... I'm going MAD :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of them? maybe there is a directory where they are stored from which I can bannish them?

I'm sorry for how stupid this question is but I can't find any help on this. It all just says the basic stuff which always worked for me in the past but now doesn't. :(

EDIT: I'm running OS X 10.4.7

mjankor
19th August 2006, 09:20 AM
First, go to System Prefs and turn off the change picture every x seconds, down the bottom of the window.

If that doesn't work then

Try going into iPhoto, selecting a nice image, and clicking desktop from the panel at the bottom of the window. Then try changing it in System Prefs

Finally, try repairing permissions on your disk.

If none of these work, then report the bug to Apple.

HDK
19th August 2006, 09:24 AM
I have just created the same issue using a couple of my photos from iPhoto and shared them to the desktop.
System Prefs opened up automatically in a configuration i have not seen before, but has something to do with controlling the rotation of images. It has the checkbox marked "change picture every ......."
I simply changed the settings back to an apple stock image in system prefs to resolve it.

Has been over 30seconds now and everything is normal.

IIe2PB
19th August 2006, 04:16 PM
My sincerest apologies to you all for waisting band width. I tried everything listed above ... and no joy whatsoever. Logged out, logged back in... same thing.

Then I though... I know... what would I do if i had a pc.... REBOOT. It fixed it! We've owned an Apple now for 9 months, and the only time it has been restarted was when there was a patch. This is the first time that restarting has fixed anything.

I think it says volumes about my conversion to the mac mindset that it didn't even occurr to me to re-boot. :) I'm sorry to anyone whose time I have wasted :)