PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare? When can you purchase it?

aaron_meredith
18th November 2004, 09:37 PM
Just wondering when you can purchase Apple Care? I have herd conflicting information, some say you have to buy it when buying your apple product, others say it can be bought within one year of when you first purchased your apple product? I didn opt for apple care when i got my iBook, but now considering buying it next year when my iBook reaches 1.

macmate
18th November 2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by aaron_meredith@Nov 18 2004, 09:37 PM
Just wondering when you can purchase Apple Care? I have herd conflicting information, some say you have to buy it when buying your apple product, others say it can be bought within one year of when you first purchased your apple product? I didn opt for apple care when i got my iBook, but now considering buying it next year when my iBook reaches 1.
within warranty period. after that you can still buy it but its a 1 year at a time licence and its more expensive and has to be certified as a good machine from a service centre. so get it when you get the computer or you won't remember and that way you get the apple phone support from the start

Phillip
18th November 2004, 11:11 PM
Anyway you do it, you will still get to extended the original warranty by 2 years. (3 years al together). You won't get 4 years.

pipsqeek
19th November 2004, 05:53 AM
And, if you get a replacement machine under warranty like I did... the warranty is not reset.

You only get the remaining warranty period.

I just got my new iBook and its got 1 year and 10 months warranty left from the original Applecare I got (3 yrs all up) from my EDU discount, back when they were handing out 3 yr warranties.

pipsqeek

hawker
19th November 2004, 07:44 AM
Although it does work both ways, with replacment computers/ipods you get a 3 month warranty, so say you only had a month left to run on your warranty, you would still get three months with the repaclment product. However if you have say two years left, you get the two years. It goes by whichever is a longer period.