PDA

View Full Version : Eject Key and Headphone Jack in Macbook

youngma
7th August 2006, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

Bought a new Macbook the other day replaced the HDD so it is now 120GB. No dramas at all. After loading Mac OS X from the install disk that came with the machine, loaded bootcamp and created a driver disk, the partition was as follows:

70Gb for Mac OSX
40GB for Win XP

Loaded Win XP no dramas at all. Loaded the driver disk, again no problems with the exception of the following:

1. Before I load the driver disk, the eject key works just fine, after that it does not.
Now I can still eject disk via windows explorer, but I'd rather use the keyboard.

2. Regardless of whether I have a headphone in the headphone jack or , it still plays sounds through the
speakers in the machine and the headphones.

Interestingly neither of these problems occur when I have the machine working in Mac OSX.

I might say though on balance I love the machine, its the best laptop I've ever had, makes my 12" PB look ancient.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I don't see these as drop dead issues, but its a bit of a pain.

So has anyone experienced these issues and possibly found a solution.

titan44
7th August 2006, 09:36 AM
Something i've noticed running xp on my macbook is the red optical light glows from the headphone jack constantly, headphones still work though. I think you'll have to map the eject key to get it to work.

EDIT : typo