PDA

View Full Version : Trash - Restore Moved Folder

Wheels
6th August 2006, 03:40 AM
Hi all,

I was searching for a folder called "Foundation" which is a font I wanted to delete but in the process, I accidently trashed a normal folder called "Foundation" from the finder but I don't know where it came from. In this folder, there are many sub-folders including "Authenticator", "Picture Sharing" and "About Foundation Examples.rft" which seems to me that it could be a Developer Tools item.

Is there anyway to find out where I trashed it from so I can restore it?

Thanks

ClockWork
6th August 2006, 03:58 AM
Wheels,

Your HD -> Library Folder -> Perl Folder -> 5.8.1 Folder -> darwin-thread-multi-2level Folder -> auto Folder -> Foundation Folder

Yet as the Foundation Folder is part of Core Services, I'm not sure how one would restore it, lest perhaps some kind soul round here might StuffIt and mail it to you.

cheers,

CW

Wheels
6th August 2006, 12:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ClockWork &#064; Aug 6 2006, 03&#58;58 AM) 201836</div>

Wheels,

Your HD -> Library Folder -> Perl Folder -> 5.8.1 Folder -> darwin-thread-multi-2level Folder -> auto Folder -> Foundation Folder

Yet as the Foundation Folder is part of Core Services, I&#39;m not sure how one would restore it, lest perhaps some kind soul round here might StuffIt and mail it to you.

cheers,

CW
[/b]
Thanks Clockwork&#33; I&#39;m surprised it didn&#39;t ask me to authenticate when moving this folder to the trash as it seems really important. Do I just drag this folder out of the trash and back to this location?

Also, your 100% that this folder belongs here? It just seems weird that there is a text document named "About Foundation Examples.rtf"

Thanks again

ClockWork
8th August 2006, 02:29 AM
Apologies for the response time Wheels - I&#39;ve been playing dead for taxation purposes.

No - I&#39;m not 100% certain. The information above is only correct for Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther only).

For Tiger, the Foundation folder is part of: Developer - so - no - I was incorrect - not a part of Core Services.

It&#39;s location in Tiger is: HD -> Applications -> Developer -> Examples -> Foundation folder.

100% certain for this info for Tiger.
100% certain for the other info for Panther.

Cheers Wheels,

ClockWork

Wheels
8th August 2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks very much ClockWork&#33; All fixed now, was quite worried I&#39;d trashed something critical for a little while there.

Thanks again

fiark
8th August 2006, 05:36 PM
*deleted*