PDA

View Full Version : Ilife dvd.....

skysa
30th July 2006, 11:00 PM
This may be a really still question, but here go's?

I have a ilife 05 dvd disk..... which was great when I payed for it for my powerbook.
Now I have downgraded to a little ibook with cd drive, is there any way I can convert the dvd over for my ibook to read???

Thanks

graemie
30th July 2006, 11:06 PM
If you have another machine with a DVD drive, you can connect the two machines and do a target disk mode (basically lets you operate your ibook from the other machine and install using the DVDs remotely).

Otherwise, I think there may be an option to send the DVD back to Apple and they replace it with CDs, but I think there is a charge. (or is that just for OSX... I'm not sure).

g.

ClockWork
31st July 2006, 05:10 AM
You could also create a Disk Image of the iLife 05 DVD using Disk Utility - select DVD/CD master from Image Format and none from Encryption - and then Save it - and copy that Disk Image of iLife 05 from your Powerbook G4 to your iBook via either Firewire in Target Disk Mode, as suggested by Graemie, or via Ethernet cable.

Your iBook will then 'believe' it has the iLife 05 DVD inside it. Double-click to open the Disk Image on the iBook and install from there.

cheers,

cw