PDA

View Full Version : iPod photo and iPhoto s/ware

ajs
14th November 2004, 01:41 PM
I'm very tempted to purchase an iPod photo before heading o/s.

However, I am not currently running iLife '04 and the System Requirements recommend iPhoto 4.0.3 or later.

Originally posted by Apple Store
System Requirements:
Mac requirements A Macintosh computer with built-in FireWire and or USB 2.0 port (USB 2.0 requires Mac OS X v10.3.4 or later), Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later, iPhoto 4.0.3 or later recommended, iTunes 4.7 or later
I know when you buy an iPod that Apple ships a CD with the most recent version of iTunes in the box. Would/Do they do the same thing for the iPod Photo and ship the most recent version of iPhoto?

TIA :)

OziMac
14th November 2004, 02:13 PM
Good question - worth asking Apple Australia by phone. I haven't looked at the CD since I got it, but I would think that since iPhoto 4.0.3 is 'recommended' it probably doesn't ship with it. But worth a look in nonetheless.

kit
28th November 2004, 06:42 PM
I doubt it.

The iPod Photo allows you to use any Photo management program (or none); it syncs through iTunes, just like the other iPods. If you have iPhoto (or Photoshop Album, or whatever), it'll grab your index easily, otherwise just point it at a folder, and let it sync with that.

I do recommend you get iLife though - it's great. Very, very great.