View Full Version : Radeon Overclocking?

16th February 2004, 05:32 PM

I've recently flashed a PC ATI Radeon 7000 card to my Mac; is there a utility out there that lets you overclock the core/mem speeds? It's easy under PC, using RivaTuner/coolbits hack, but can't find much on software overclocking for graphics cards under Mac OS.

Oh, I'm writing up an article for this site on how to flash said PC ATI card to Mac :)

16th February 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks bYrd - much appreciated! *gives bYrd a chocolate frog*

16th February 2004, 05:38 PM
Freddo I hope - not that Blinky Bill shite :)

The article is just a quicky before I write up the 20 top mac games one.

PS. I love the 'fast reply' button on this site :)

17th February 2004, 08:59 AM
pfft... freddo... Caramello OwnZ j00

On topic, I haven't seen/heard of an overclocking app for mac

17th February 2004, 11:03 PM
hmm... Interesting. You wouldn't know how to make an ATI Mach64 work for macs would you? ;) (Or any other of a gaggle of old PC video cards that I happen to have laying around)

On that note, I don't know of any software overclocking for them, but maybe there's a hwardware overclocking thingy you could try? (Jumpers maybe?)

18th February 2004, 01:34 PM
Cory>> Sorry no! PCI cards such as Voodoo 3, ATI 7000, Matrox G200 and now (perhaps, check XLR8) ATI 9000 and Geforce FX5200 cards. A lot of earlier Mac aftermarket graphics cards indeed used ATI Mach64 and S3 chips, but I've look around too and found nothing.

For overclocking the Radeon, I might be able to find some hacked Mac ROMs or something for the ATI 7000 card, or perhaps create my own which flash higher core and memory clock speeds than default. But, I can't even tell what core/mem speeds the card is running at already!

20th February 2004, 05:56 PM

I found a site that discusses how to overclock the core/mem values of the original Mac ATI v.208 ROM by adjusting hex values under Resedit.

Haven't tried it yet, but might as well - the Powercolor card by default is clocked quite high.