PDA

View Full Version : omg new product rumours omg

Danamania
12th November 2004, 06:08 PM
OK, looking at the review of the iPod photo, I see the SVHS port and its ADB style connector

I suspect Apple is going to allow ADB keyboards and mice to plug into the iPod photo, and with the photo's colour screen and ability to display a rainbow apple logo, we shall soon see the obvious switch back to beige.

And of course, keyboard+mouse means PDA. Obviously.

don't believe it? that's fair. Make up a rumour of your own that's better, then :).

dana

adamjc
12th November 2004, 06:10 PM
I rather the apple logo of today, then the rainbow logo.

I dont think they could ever go back the rainbow days.

-Adam

Danamania
12th November 2004, 06:18 PM
I give you... the beigepod!

Disko
12th November 2004, 06:25 PM
I saw steve holding a beige iPod at the WWDC when i was there. I pointed my camera and he scurried away before i could get a shot of it.

This is as good a shot as i could get of it...

Disko
12th November 2004, 06:45 PM
This is a pic my uncle took in the states... seems the rumored beige iPod is being tested for camoflauge...

Danamania
12th November 2004, 07:02 PM
It made the cover of macworld, it must be real.

Moose
12th November 2004, 07:08 PM
Itís scary; if you people ever use your powers for evil we are all doomed! :P Disko, ever taken a course in effective time management? Keep up the good work, laughing is healthy!

Disko
12th November 2004, 07:19 PM
time managment... is that soemthing dr who does? :D

Looking through the appletalk image archives, i found this image - and noticed something *extra* in it. :o

arty
12th November 2004, 07:21 PM
shouldnt the beige iPod be more angular & with just 1 big clunky button? ;)

Disko
12th November 2004, 07:43 PM
speaking of dr who, i heard they'd be using apple products for the new series - so i did some google-ing, and fouind this:

omg! this beige ipod is teh real! :o

the_argon
12th November 2004, 07:56 PM
Hrmmm, just picked up the latest copy of newsweek:

_xfire
12th November 2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Nov 12 2004, 07:43 PM
omg! this beige ipod is teh real! :o
don't you mean
t3h?

:P

Ozi
12th November 2004, 10:05 PM
LMFAO you guys make me snort coke out my nose you are so funny! :D ROFL thats gold!

And it was coca cola, not the... other kind. :P

_xfire
12th November 2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Ozi@Nov 12 2004, 10:05 PM
And it was coca cola, not the... other kind. :P
sure ozi... ;)

Disko
13th November 2004, 04:14 AM
ozi's on cocaine!! *tells mum*

the_argon
13th November 2004, 08:08 AM
*Update* It appears that in addidion to the ADB connection the new iPod has a 1.4MB Superdrive installed for Easy File TransferTM technology*

*Only applies to files smaller than 1.38MB

OziMac
13th November 2004, 08:34 AM
lol this thread cracks me up - I'm so surprised no one's fallen for it yet ;)

hawker
13th November 2004, 08:47 AM
What, you mean its not real? I was running down to my local Apple Store to place my order :(

It's good to know you all know how to use Photoshop :P

Danamania
13th November 2004, 09:23 AM
I've just gone through much personal risk to bring you this new shot from inside Apple offices.

It appears support for iPods on older macs is seriously close to full release, and is expected in Tiger (10.4). To facilitate this, Apple will be offering alternative docks for various macintoshes.

Left, we have the SerialDock, for the original Mac 128 and 512k models. Connecting through a cable that converts their dsub serial sockets to the newer style mini DIN serial.

On the right for the Mac Plus and upwards is the SCSIDock , which allows an iPod to be used on - yes you guessed it - SCSI.

Pricing is estimated to be $1599US for the SCSIDock, and $2249US for the SerialDock.

Ozi
13th November 2004, 11:15 AM
*does another line*

This thread is AWESOME! ROFLMAOMGISF! (Rolls on floor laughing my arse oh my god its so funny) :lol:

Thats awesome, guys! :D

kim jong il
13th November 2004, 12:15 PM
Thats it Ozi. I'm going to smash your crack pipe too

Danamania
13th November 2004, 12:51 PM
Belkin have just released their BatteryBack for the iPod 3G.

The BatteryBack is an extended battery housing for the iPod which contains (among other things) a larger size battery, UPS, and car battery charger. In a simple operation the BatteryBack clips on the rear of your original 3G iPod and replaces it with a slightly reshaped Belkin back to house the new electrical system. Belkin claims the BatteryBack can provide an iPod with up to 2500 hours of continuous music play, run an electrical camping stove up to 4 3-course meals, and turn over a 1970s V8.

The BatteryBack is expected to cost $199US plus whatever price new pants with bigger pockets to store them in.

Danamania
13th November 2004, 01:11 PM
I wonder if the battery backup add-on works with the new

DUAL HEAD IPOD!

_xfire
13th November 2004, 02:11 PM
dana, don't you have a job or something???

Danamania
13th November 2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by _xfire@Nov 13 2004, 02:11 PM
dana, don't you have a job or something???
Of course I do - reviewing the new Mac Classic iPod, for use with the SerialDock and SCSIDock.

=)

(With its nice single-button OS9 interface... )

ajs
13th November 2004, 03:28 PM
:lol: nice work dana

Danamania
13th November 2004, 03:32 PM
I bet the iPod interfaces with the new iMessagePad.

adamjc
13th November 2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by danamania@Nov 13 2004, 03:26 PM
Of course I do - reviewing the new Mac Classic iPod, for use with the SerialDock and SCSIDock.

=)

Your funny dana.

How many pics have you posted all up in this thread now? Gotta be a few. And the funny thing is they get better as you post.

-Adam.

Danamania
13th November 2004, 08:52 PM
ok. this ipod micro (saaaay 256MB flash, or something tiny like that) either looks like a really tiny cute iMac, or one of the freebie Carefree purse packs from a few years ago...

kim jong il
14th November 2004, 06:40 PM
I actually found compelling evidence that Jobs and Wozniak workd on the ipod concept together far earlier than we first suspected. Possibly as early as the late 70's or early 80's. I was checking out Blakes 7 (BBC) and I was able to capture these screen shots. A couple of scenes clearly show both the advertising concept and shortly after, the prototype ipod. After a bit of digging I was able to find the following specifications.

A serial version (with a blazing fast 2400 bps serial interface. Code name: "ipodB3ta") designed to integrate with the powerful 6502 based Apple platform. Utilising the latest prototype 400 KB 3.5" floppy diskette drive you can encode your 12 favourite singles as glorious 8 kbps samples. Utilising the latest fast RAM located in a discrete belt pouch you have a 2 second buffer to ensure unbroken playback. The revolutionary sealed lead-acid gell battery (also contained in a discrete belt pouch near the RAM pack) alows you to play your full playlist at least once!

frenchtoast
14th November 2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by danamania@Nov 13 2004, 02:26 PM
No, surely that is a trackpad and single-button combined.

frenchtoast
14th November 2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by danamania@Nov 13 2004, 08:52 PM
ok. this ipod micro (saaaay 256MB flash, or something tiny like that) either looks like a really tiny cute iMac, or one of the freebie Carefree purse packs from a few years ago...
Hmm anyone else thinking this photo needs to go anonymously to appleinsider?

zefi
15th November 2004, 06:41 AM
I actually heard that the iPod was going to go bondi blue, not beige. And I know because I have an inside contact in Apple.

Danamania
19th November 2004, 09:06 PM
Sneak photo of the new leet iPod for snobs who don't like LCDs.

It's the iPod CRT.

Featuring a 3" Trinitron CRT, it gives you the chance to see your photos on the glorious aperture-grille display for up to seven minutes at a time*

* may be 5 minutes between recharges in real life use.