PDA

View Full Version : iChat video temperamental

yitzyf
19th July 2006, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I&#39;m having a recurring issue with iChat video and audio. I&#39;m in the States, and I use my MBP to call home (Melbourne). I&#39;m able to call one iMac (Intel) at home with no problems. Then when I try to talk to someone else on a second machine, same specs, same network, after inviting them to video chat, they accep it says "Starting video chat...." and then "<other person> has declined the invitation." The weird thing is that it&#39;s not the same machine that doesn&#39;t work each time, it&#39;s always the one I call second of the two. They&#39;re on Optus cable.

EDIT: After using Skype for 15 minutes or so, it works again...curious....

Hope someone can help&#33;

yitzyf

speedway boy
19th July 2006, 03:22 PM
I&#39;ve had issues trying to talk to a mate in the States. He is on a powerbook, I&#39;m on a macbook pro. Trying to use iChat. Kept crashing. And I gave up with it. We never could connect. Went back to skype and now I wait patiently for Skype video.

I&#39;m on Optus as well. Not sure if that makes a difference. I doubt it though.

aswitcher
19th July 2006, 03:23 PM
Cable can have very poor upstreaming, especially during peak periods.

I haven&#39;t tested mine yet with more than one person but I figure with 6-7meg down and 800k up, I should get ok reception.

speedway boy
19th July 2006, 03:43 PM
I don&#39;t have cable. ADSL here. So its not a streaming issue. I get good transfer rates for other things.