PDA

View Full Version : StarTrack Express Lost my Order!

adamjc
11th November 2004, 12:02 PM
Hi All,

I ordered a 4G 20gb iPod from the Apple Store website, along with a seperate order for the Cocoon Case. I received the case yesterday, it was sent by Aust. Post, Express Post. Now it left the warehouse the same day as the iPod.

I still have no iPod, i called StarTrack about it. And they said they are "unable to locate it at this time" and that the will "look into it further" and get back to me.

Is this a first? Or have others, had problems with their orders going missing.

StarTrack told me i should have received it yesterday at the latest.

Will keep you posted.

-Adam.

iSlayer
11th November 2004, 12:06 PM
ive had things delievered witht them before and i havent had any problems with their overnight service

adamjc
11th November 2004, 12:09 PM
It left Apple on the 09th November.

They are meant to call me back before 5pm today with an update.

I receive things from StarTrack quite often, through my home based business, and never had any problems, this is a first.

-Adam.

iSlayer
11th November 2004, 12:16 PM
i wouldnt worry yet.
i has an apple monitor shipped about 2 months ago with another courier from sydney to hobart and i rang them to see where it was and they didnt have a clue.
the couldnt even find it in thier books
according to them they hadnt even picked it up for sydney but when i got home that night i found a note saying they had tried to deliver it while i was at work.

Currawong
11th November 2004, 02:19 PM
I deal with Startrack at work, chasing up lost freight as part of my job. Lately they've had serious issues, which they've acknowledged, delaying quite a bit of freight. Basically, they have a very advanced tracking system, let down by poor management. Ie: Their freight tracking system is useless if the driver hasn't scanned anything he's taken on board.

I'd see if you can't have the delivery re-routed to your work address. If stuff isn't delivered, it tends to sit in the depot indefinitely until someone complains.

OziMac
11th November 2004, 02:22 PM
Adamn, you will be please (or perhaps not) to know that this exact same thing has happened to me twice with orders from the Apple Store through Star Track Express. The parcel was delivered to the wrong address and someone signed for it there - imagine my glee to find that out days after I was expecting it. They are usually pretty good, and I did end up getting both back, but was very lucky to do so - for what they claim to be Australia's premier courier company, I'm not impressed.

adamjc
11th November 2004, 02:27 PM
Going to call them now. Mayby i can pick it up from the Depot in Tullamarine (if it is there), seeing i am only 10 minutes away from there.

-Adam.

pipsqeek
11th November 2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Currawong+Nov 11 2004, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Currawong &#064; Nov 11 2004, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I deal with Startrack at work, chasing up lost freight as part of my job. Lately they&#39;ve had serious issues, which they&#39;ve acknowledged, delaying quite a bit of freight. Basically, they have a very advanced tracking system, let down by poor management. Ie: Their freight tracking system is useless if the driver hasn&#39;t scanned anything he&#39;s taken on board.

I&#39;d see if you can&#39;t have the delivery re-routed to your work address. If stuff isn&#39;t delivered, it tends to sit in the depot indefinitely until someone complains.[/b]

Ah well, the usual story. A great company goes down the gurgler because some people (person) slacks off, stuffs up. cbf. etc.

<!--QuoteBegin-OziMac@Nov 11 2004, 02:22 PM
Adamn, you will be please (or perhaps not) to know that this exact same thing has happened to me twice with orders from the Apple Store through Star Track Express. The parcel was delivered to the wrong address and someone signed for it there - imagine my glee to find that out days after I was expecting it. They are usually pretty good, and I did end up getting both back, but was very lucky to do so - for what they claim to be Australia&#39;s premier courier company, I&#39;m not impressed.[/quote]

Looks like their pride is based losely on the same as Apple&#39;s. Which I have lost all hope in. - Read the sig - click the saga. You know you want to read it again.

pipsqeek

adamjc
11th November 2004, 05:01 PM
Called Apple this afternoon to see what was going on.

They said StarTrack Express (STE) have been having problems with their shipments. The guy I was speaking with at Apple, but me on hold, and called STE for me. He said, there is nothing neither Apple or STE can do at this time. He also told me that it was sent via STE, but not via overnight delivery, he said: "That would be impossible from Sydney to Melbourne" and started laughing.

I tried explaining that Australia Post, had my iPod case on my door step by 11am, the day after it was sent from Sydney and he said: "But they are 24 hours". Tried explaining that STE offer overnight delivery and he kept saying "No, just insured Delivery"?

...Now i just have to wait for an answer from STE, hopefully tommorrow.

-Adam.

hawker
11th November 2004, 05:32 PM
I have had no problems with Star Track Express. The only thing I don&#39;t like about them, and this is more a thing Apple has done, if you order say two products together, and they ship in different packages, if one gets here eariler, they will not release it until the second one has arrived. A but quirky if you ask me, but you get that sometimes&#33;

warren21
11th November 2004, 05:40 PM
Hi Adamjc.

i work in the freight industry and would not advise anyone to order any sort of expensive electrical equipment and have it delivered. if for some reason it is physically impossible for you to go into a store and purchase goods cos you live in the middl of oz then that would be fine.
things like this get stolen or damaged all the time. i&#39;m not saying your order has been stolen but it happens all too often in this undustry.

good luck.

adamjc
11th November 2004, 05:45 PM
Thanks warren21.

I know for 100% i would not order a computer from apple online. Rather go into a reseller and buy it, especially after this little event.

I guess it is Apple&#39;s problem anyway, if i dont receive it, they will have to re-send it or refund the amount.

-Adam.

warren21
11th November 2004, 05:52 PM
No worries Adamjc, I just hope it ll works out for you.

:)

pipsqeek
11th November 2004, 08:32 PM
I&#39;ve also worked in the Freight forwarding industry.

Fragile is not in their vocabulary. And couriers really don&#39;t give a shit about getting you the item.

pipsqeek

warren21
11th November 2004, 09:50 PM
I agree. the courier companies don&#39;t care about the customers at all. The only thing on their mind is how much money they are making.

The company I work for loses and damages computers and mobile phones all the time and if you don&#39;t have insurance on your goods well see ya later they don&#39;t wanna know ya&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s like oh I&#39;m sorry no insurance no can help even though we lost your &#036;3000.00 note book.

adamjc
12th November 2004, 06:10 AM
Very dissapointing.

I thought it should have been scanned in Melbourne by today, but still no scanning, just states that it left Sydney (STE website).

I guess I&#39;ve got a bit more waiting to do.

-Adam.

adamjc
12th November 2004, 11:23 AM
Ok this could be something to worry about.

I just did a scan on STE website and look what it come up with:

12-NOV-2004 07:16 *PERTH* SCANNED IN TRANSIT

How did my iPod end up from Sydney to Perth, when i&#39;m in Melbourne?

Called STE, they confirmed it arrived in Perth, and they are going to send it by Air to STE Melbourne Depot.

Adam.

Disko
12th November 2004, 11:27 AM
Look on the bright side - you&#39;re still getting it. And well within the &#39;30 days&#39; apple sets itself to deliver the product. :)

markh
12th November 2004, 11:28 AM
i wouldnt have been worrying anyways... it&#39;ll get there. and if not, STE would have to replace it. so all good.

iSlayer
12th November 2004, 11:46 AM
lol
sorry dude but thats kinda funny.
hopefully you will get it soon.

adamjc
12th November 2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by islayer@Nov 12 2004, 12:46 PM
lol
sorry dude but thats kinda funny.
hopefully you will get it soon.
I gotta admit, i actually did have a bit of a laugh about it as well.

Find it funny, how it got from the Sydney, to somewhere so much further than Melbourne.

So much for "World&#39;s Smartest Delivery System". :D

-Adam

adamjc
12th November 2004, 05:04 PM
Well got off the phone with them about 1/2 hour ago, they have put it on a plane heading to Melbourne, and are going to deliver it to me by 11am tomorrow morning (Sat), they dont normally deliver on weekends.

Normally they charge for this but they are going to do it for "free", in the woman&#39;s own words, "We stuffed up, so we have to fix it".

-Adam.

pipsqeek
13th November 2004, 12:28 AM
maybe an immigrant was in charge of that particular product and thought that Sydney was on the West coast.

Or he/she thought that Aust was litterally upside down, so the atlas would show Sydney on the left of the country.

I only wish I could say the same for my iBook.

pipsqeek

adamjc
13th November 2004, 02:21 PM
Ok, STE AirFreight Division just called me on my mobile.

The freight has landed in Melbourne (approx one hour he said) and cannot be delivered today but will be delivered first thing Monday morning.

Good customer service, just crappy freight staff.

Happy with the result though, still not bad from ordering last Tuesday to get the order within 6 days.

-Adam.

czar
17th November 2004, 11:41 PM
hey everyone..
I&#39;d just like to put my two cents forward.
I work as a freight-handler at Startrack Express&#39; Brisbane depot, and there were a few issues raised that i&#39;d like to try to address.
Firstly, although i cant speak for Melbourne and Sydney, at Brisbane we generally take care when handling our freight, with added emphasis to high profile clients like Apple.

Secondly, last week there were internal problems in the Melbourne depot which may have caused your freight to be diverted, however if this was not the cause of the mis-direct, and it was indeed a mistake by a freight handler, i&#39;d just like to point out that we get thousands of i-pods going through our depot in Brisbane everyday, with 99.9% of them going to their respective correct destinations.

and yes, we generally do try to ensure overnight delivery wherever possible.

Besides Adam, you never ruled out the possibility that your i-pod wanted to do some sight-seeing before being stuck in your pocket? Shame&#33; :P

Edge
18th November 2004, 12:00 AM
The beautiful thing about shipping expensive computer gear via courier is if you try to insure it. I recieved a quote for ~&#036;2500 to insure a &#036;3000 laptop Melb->Bris. No kidding.

Comet
18th November 2004, 03:15 AM
Speaking of misdirected things, I boarded a flight from Alice Springs to Melbourne with 3 other friends. My 3 friends received their luggage in Melbourne but mine didn&#39;t turn up. After waiting for a long time I found out that mine went to Perth. We checked in together and mine ended up in Perth. So I can imagine how easy it is for something to go to the other side of the country.

BTW, how come you didn&#39;t walk into a store and purchase an iPod? Wouldn&#39;t it have saved you the trouble of waiting and waiting?

Currawong
18th November 2004, 06:22 AM
I had a bit of a miracle with Star Track the other day, got someone from one of their depots to call me DAILY with updates on a customer order that had ended up stuck there with the box damaged.

adamjc
18th November 2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Currawong@Nov 18 2004, 07:22 AM
I had a bit of a miracle with Star Track the other day, got someone from one of their depots to call me DAILY with updates on a customer order that had ended up stuck there with the box damaged.
Same here Currawong i had a lady by the name of Patrina calling me everyday, sometimes twice or three times, regarding my iPod. Great customer service from STE. Giving me updates of where it was, and how they will get it to me.

She was terriffic. Only if Apple could have staff that great&#33;

BTW, how come you didn&#39;t walk into a store and purchase an iPod? Wouldn&#39;t it have saved you the trouble of waiting and waiting?

Hurt my foot, couldnt walk. So i thought why waste time, i ordered it and just waited for the door bell to ring. :D

-Adam.

purana
18th November 2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by adamjc@Nov 12 2004, 11:23 AM
Ok this could be something to worry about.

I just did a scan on STE website and look what it come up with:

12-NOV-2004 07:16 *PERTH* SCANNED IN TRANSIT

How did my iPod end up from Sydney to Perth, when i&#39;m in Melbourne?

Called STE, they confirmed it arrived in Perth, and they are going to send it by Air to STE Melbourne Depot.

Adam.
Thats nothing out of the ordinary.. my mate and I at my old work both ordered our powerbooks a day apart. His ordered first, mine 2nd. I got my powerbook first. Why? Well his powerbook some how ended up in Melbourne, when it should of came to Sydney. (it was sent from Sydney too.. rofl)

I think Apple needs to have a few words with STE, as its very common place..