PDA

View Full Version : Citibank login problem

sydbill
10th November 2004, 09:00 PM
I have recently found it impossible to log onto the Citibank Internet Banking site. I am using Mac OS 8.1 on an old 6400/200 machine. All has been fine until recently when their log in page seems to have been changed. I have no difficulties getting onto the ANZ site or my credit union site.
I am using IE 5.1.7, have also tried Netscape 4.7.4 and IE 4.5 but none work.

Error messages are:

"security failure data decryption error"
Sometimes " I do not understand that information. Please enter again"

The source code seems to indicate it is in the javascript coding on the page as it says:

MSJS runtime error
line -- not nominated
char 11
Error Object expected

I have checked my IE preferences and all seem OK with javascript enabled etc.
Since I have not changed my system maybe someone knows a way to get me into the site.

Currawong
11th November 2004, 04:24 AM
Could be a fault with Citibank. However, they could have updated their web site such that IE, which is no longer updated, can't deal with the changes.

Mac OS 8.1 is certainly a very old system to be using.

Paxton
11th November 2004, 06:19 AM
Citibank use an Encryption service that needs 9.2 or above to use, and the newer versions of Netscape or IE :unsure: to use. Your computer seems to be having trouble decoding the website down your end, as I can access Citibank on Panther and Safari.

sydbill
11th November 2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies andrew and Currawong. Must be a recent change to the login page that is giving the problem. -- But even so the ANZ site works fine. - something different in the code I guess.

adamjc
12th November 2004, 11:52 PM
Citibank recently upgraded their login page.

When users enter their password for internet banking it is done via a keypad on the actually screen using your mouse to enter the numbers.

Meant to be more secure. :rolleyes:

-Adam

sydbill
13th November 2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the reply adamjc. _ I have experienced the new login page and that is where the error javascript messages start so I assume it is due to the updated security measures you mention. I rarely even see the keypad login as an error indication "object expected" shows up in the javascript error code. Thanks again for your input.

Bill