PDA

View Full Version : Icons

MadMuggle
5th July 2006, 01:02 AM
I've done a search but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've downloaded icons many many times but only know how to change folder icons (and one's where you press control + I), but there are icons for things like burn, finder, recycle bin (with the two alternates) etc where pressing control + I does nothing - how do I change these? I've looked around my computer but can't seem to find anything in terms of folders etc...

Please help, AppleTalk hasn't failed me yet... Thanks!

Disko
5th July 2006, 01:07 AM
I used to change all the icons about. I used a program called candybar (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8948) to do it. Give it a try. :)

MadMuggle
5th July 2006, 01:12 AM
THANKS!!! It's exactly the sort of thing I was after. Love AppleTalk. :)

bartron
5th July 2006, 07:49 AM
the other way you can do it is to copy an image into the clipboard. Select the thing you want to change the icon of, view the info page (command+i), select the icon in the info view and paste in the image from the clipboard.

Bartron

Aa
5th July 2006, 10:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bartron &#064; Jul 5 2006, 07&#58;49 AM) 191897</div>

the other way you can do it is to copy an image into the clipboard. Select the thing you want to change the icon of, view the info page (command+i), select the icon in the info view and paste in the image from the clipboard.

Bartron
[/b]

Nice one Bartron. I always thought it had to be an icon file.

I just did it with MadMuggle&#39;s Union Jack avatar onto a pdf on the desktop.

The icon does seem to be a bit small though...

bartron
5th July 2006, 10:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aa... &#064; Jul 5 2006, 10&#58;14 AM) 191941</div>

Nice one Bartron. I always thought it had to be an icon file.

I just did it with MadMuggle&#39;s Union Jack avatar onto a pdf on the desktop.

The icon does seem to be a bit small though...
[/b]

It&#39;s handy in a pinch (and for &#39;random whim&#39; changes....much like avatars these days). The image you paste should scale to its maximum size or 128x128 (or whatever the largest icon size is in OS X these days)....but yes, the icon in the info view is small.