PDA

View Full Version : Ps2

ric3am
7th November 2004, 06:53 PM
dose any body know if there is a playstation emulator for mac?

decryption
7th November 2004, 07:00 PM
Nope.
There probably is, but you don't want to use it. It will be slow as shit.
If there was one that is good, we would all know about it and be using it instead of our consoles.

Paxton
7th November 2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by decryption@Nov 7 2004, 07:00 PM
Nope.
There probably is, but you don't want to use it. It will be slow as shit.
If there was one that is good, we would all know about it and be using it instead of our consoles.
I remember a program Called "Connectix Virtual Game System" (by the same people that created VPC) which ran really fast under Mac Os9 (i last used it in 2001) I have no idea if there is a Mac OsX version though.

It was a decent program, but Connectix don't exist anymore, so no development (bought by 'Big Red')

soul assasin
7th November 2004, 08:41 PM
hey.

CVGS as it was known only worked in OS9 and it was a PS1 Emulator only I think. There have been a few PS Emu's for OSX including 'Firestorm' and 'BluePS2' but as I remember they either didn't work at all or were hard to get working.

EDIT: Hah was just thinking this company had its Playstation Emulator bought by Sony and its Windows Emulator bought by Microsoft. Tells you something about how good their products were doesn't it ;)

napes
7th November 2004, 09:26 PM
CVGS was pretty cool - it was a shame that Sony bought them out as it actually played quite a few games. An OSX version would have been nice instead of having to re-boot in OS9.

If you're interested in Emulation for Mac then check out:

Emulation.net (http://www.emulation.net)

It's the most up-to-date emulation resource for Mac that I've come across.

At the end of the day though, having a $2000-3000 Mac emulate a $250 piece of hardware, often badly, isn't such a great deal ;)

soul assasin
8th November 2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by napes@Nov 7 2004, 09:26 PM

At the end of the day though, having a $2000-3000 Mac emulate a $250 piece of hardware, often badly, isn't such a great deal ;)
Heheheh.

IMO if/when the games are made available for Mac they have better graphics anyhow.

That being said I played many PS1 Games with CVGS on my G3 iMac 400 DV a few years back with no problem at all and that was well under $2000 :)

pipsqeek
8th November 2004, 09:37 PM
I did find one a few months back. but I couldn't get it to work wih legit and "backup" games.

So its uesless at this stage.

pipsqeek

dev_enter
8th November 2004, 10:10 PM
PCSX (an Established PSX emulator for Linux and Windows) is being released soon for Mac OS X, no working PS2 emulators yet, not even for Windows.

http://home.macvaerk.dtu.dk/~gil/pcsx