PDA

View Full Version : Photo Stitching

pipsqeek
7th November 2004, 10:30 AM
Well, it appears that there are a few new forum members that do a fair bit of photography.

This is good as I have a question that I already asked on a previous (off topic) thread. but I figured it might be more benificial starting a thread for this specific topic.

What I want to find is a photo stitching application for OS X. There are many on PC and one would think that the majority of graphic stuff is done on Mac, or is that one of the myths as well? haha

Also, Windows users get applications like another one I am looking for, its a photo stacker. It stacks the photos of whatever you have taken, one on top of the other. Handy when taking Astrophotography of deep sky objects that are just too faint for the naked eye, and sometimes the cameras as well. By having software you load X amount of photos you took of a Nebula or distant galaxy, you are effectively making the object brighter and brighter. Until you have a final result that you are happy with.

If anyone knows of an application like this, please let us know. I know a few people that are looking for something like this for OS X.

pipsqeek.

CarbonRods
7th November 2004, 02:59 PM
Doesn't your digital camera's software include a photo stitcher? I have a Canon and the CD that came with the camera includes a Mac photo stitcher that works perfectly on my machines.

Steve

spargo
7th November 2004, 05:45 PM
Yes 'Rods, the Canon's (well at least the IXUS range) do come with a photostitch program, but in my rush to set up my PowerBook and then during the move over here I have packed the discs into the deepest darkest parts of my Kennards Self-Storage bin, so no-one back home is fishing them out for me..

The Canon-supplied stuff worked well on my old PII 333mhz (only just though!), but like pipsqeek I too am looking for something on the mac, and freeware/shareware would be best..

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated -

pipsqeek
8th November 2004, 09:41 PM
My camera came with windows software.

But that wasn't my concern at the time as I have all the relevant packages to do most advanced tasks.

Just that I would rather an app that stitches well rather then me doing in manually.

Is the canon one on their site? might have a look.

pipsqeek

CarbonRods
8th November 2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by pipsqeek@Nov 8 2004, 09:41 PM
Is the canon one on their site? might have a look.

pipsqeek
Don't know, PM me if you can't find it.

Steve