PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to this site?

the_OM
6th November 2004, 01:16 AM
I was looking around for some anti-apple sites to laugh at (as you do), anyways i typed in http://www.macintoshsucks.com to see if anything was there.
Look at it for yourselves..... kinda funny i think.

Currawong
6th November 2004, 06:43 AM
The most famous would have to be ihateapple.com (http://ihateapple.com/) which used to contain feature comparisons between Macs and PC's, attempting to demonstrate that Macs were more expensive (the old myth). It's rather tame now - for a while, there was a great battle being waged in the forums.

Phillip
6th November 2004, 02:27 PM
The people who make "what-ever-sucks.com" including anti Microsoft/Bill Gates sites are sad. They need to get a Life.

internet
6th November 2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Phillip@Nov 6 2004, 02:27 PM
The people who make "what-ever-sucks.com" including anti Microsoft/Bill Gates sites are sad. They need to get a Life.
fully. i don't understand people that try to force their own ideologies onto others.

i tell my friends (non I.T.) how good macs are, but if they don't want to use them, so be it! stick with windows, no difference to me! nor is it any difference to me that some geek 10000kms away thinks mac os x is shit

zefi
7th November 2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phillip@Nov 6 2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, an iLife! :)

kim jong il
7th November 2004, 12:30 PM
macintoshsucks.com takes me straight to microsoft.com and the page how to improve your life with XP. Is this what you are all referring to? How is this done? I cannot believe that even microsoft could be this pathetic to register the above address as a domain.

Some of the windows guys at work find my attitude peculiar. Moderation? Lack of HATE? These days credit where credit is due. PC's? Yep; games machines. They blitz macs. "So why don't you own one?" I spend precious little time on gaming for starters. Ever heard of the right tool for the right job? "What do you use your machines for?" "You really don't need a P4 for email and IE"

Mostly they desperately do not want to understand that they may not have the best there is at the lowest possible price (they are unwilling to include the cost of constant maintenance as a cost of ownership). A friend just had a new HD installed and was amazed that her machine accumulated 950 unwanted items in just 20 minutes untill the wormblaster ended it all. Security, security, security; becoming a bit of a tired mantra

Danamania
7th November 2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by kim jong il@Nov 7 2004, 12:30 PM
macintoshsucks.com takes me straight to microsoft.com and the page how to improve your life with XP. Is this what you are all referring to? How is this done? I cannot believe that even microsoft could be this pathetic to register the above address as a domain.

They didn't - whois shows it's owned by:

registrant-firstname: Dustin
registrant-lastname: Callaway
registrant-street1: 639 allen rd
registrant-pcode: 75019
registrant-state: TX
registrant-city: Coppell
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.2147382143
registrant-email: IlllIllllIlllIll@aol.com

the site is a frameset, and points to the microsoft site inside the frame that takes up the entire window.

dana

kim jong il
7th November 2004, 01:41 PM
Thanks dana. When it come to such things I am a complete novice. I'm one of those types that only find out about things when I need them. Still its a bit sad in a way. When you explain it its not even that clever as well as being virtually totally pointless. (I doubt he is trying to make us sorry for him)

kim

matteo
10th November 2004, 04:32 PM
This guy's fishing for visitors... he started a thread over at whirlpool forums too.

the_OM
10th November 2004, 06:36 PM
Hey, that site isn't even mine.
Look at the whois dana did, the guy lives in texas.
I don't even post on the whirlpool forums.

Learn whose posting what before you start saying stuff.

macintoshrules
12th November 2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by danamania@Nov 7 2004, 12:42 PM
They didn't - whois shows it's owned by:

registrant-firstname: Dustin
registrant-lastname: Callaway
registrant-street1: 639 allen rd
registrant-pcode: 75019
registrant-state: TX
registrant-city: Coppell
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.2147382143
registrant-email: IlllIllllIlllIll@aol.com

the site is a frameset, and points to the microsoft site inside the frame that takes up the entire window.

dana
He probably gave up on making his own site because he was unable to find enough advantages Windows has. So he just linked it to Microsoft's site...

http://ihateapple.com/

It is kind-of ironic that the front-page article now is on DRM, (what Apple actually hates and Microsoft loves)... (and the link to read the full article is a 404!)

and from the "purpose" page

It seems that many people that visit this site are having trouble getting past the name. They see "ihateapple.com" and close their eyes and open their mouths. So, this page is here to set the record straight. Please do both yourself and me a favor and read it fully before e-mailing me or posting on the forums.

First off, this is not a hate site. Yes, I realize that the name says "hate" in it, it is just a name. Websites often have somewhat exaggerated names, for example applelust.com. Literally one could take this domain name to mean that they have "unbridled sexual desire" for their Macs. This, of course, is not the case; it's just a name. When the site was originally started by Todd back in 1998 it was an Apple hate site, hence the name. I have since changed its focus, but the name stays. It's what it is known as, and it's staying. If you truly can't see past the name, then just close your web browser now, taking this site too seriously or too literally is not going to get you anywhere. The real purpose behind this site now is kind of an anti-advocacy site. I find that there are a number of Apple advocacy sites out there that are heavy on the hype and light on the facts. This is just my little poke back at them.
http://ihateapple.com/notice.asp

Lame...

But at least it didn't have the stupid animations of Macs being blown up, burnt etc...

But actually there are not that many hate sites, even Microsoft ones now...