PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro Keyboard Problem

Dubhousing
26th June 2006, 09:12 AM
Wouldn't you believe it, after telling someone for a year how much better Macs are this person went and bought a new MacBook Pro on a recent trip to New York. Got an anxious call last night, of course it wasn't abut the Mac but the Windows partition with Bootcamp (1 hour it took to get it on to the Airport network). However, when working on it I noticed that some of the keys on the right hand side of the keyboard didn't sit flush and as I was working the return key flew off. It seemes to me the entire keyboard has a slight buckle.

Is this a known problem with MacBooks? Has anyone else had this problem?

If the keyboard is buckled what should the owner do seeing as he bought it overseas?

Jaffa
26th June 2006, 10:29 AM
Apple laptops have a worldwide warranty as far as i know, as long as he registeres it with apple australia they will be able to replace the keyboard for him. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

gaehl
26th June 2006, 01:35 PM
Jaffas right, apple portable devices laptops, ipods have a world wide warranty, so just take it in like normal to be repaired.

Oh and as far as I am aware the MacBook Pro has the same keyboard as the powerbooks before them and I have not heard anything about buckling keyboards.