PDA

View Full Version : Apple Battery Info

decryption
3rd November 2004, 12:48 PM
http://www.apple.com.au/batteries/

Did anyone know this page existed? I found it just now at the bottom an Apple mailing list/ad for the
iPod Photo :P

Some useful stuff in there.

MightyAtom
3rd November 2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah that one has been around for about six months, though Apple don't make it easy to find.

Perhaps this should be made a sticky, a lot of people don't understand the proper care and feeding required to give a battery a long healthy life.

Phillip
3rd November 2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah Its been there ever since complaints were made about the batteries and Apple decided to do something about it. Learnt a few things there :P

spargo
3rd November 2004, 09:44 PM
and just because it's decryption that didn't notice it - i too am going to chime in and add that i also knew it was there.. ;)

it was good to read back in July 04 while i was waiting for, and when my iPod and PB G4 arrived, so that i knew i was doing everything right in the first-time charge and setup of them both, and so that i realistic expectations of their performance. also good tips on battery maintenance (if it counts for anything in the long-term we will see i guess)

I agree with MightyAtom, every Switcher and purchasers of new battery-reliant gear should read it..

Good work Apple, as always on-line help much better than Apple phone help - been having a battle here with Apple UK phone help about dodgy FW400 port that won't find/sync iPod, gonna wait 'til new Retail Store opens here in 3 weeks and talk to Apple employees/techs in person.