PDA

View Full Version : Ausom Swap Meet

frenchtoast
28th October 2004, 05:40 PM
The Bi-Annual Apple swap meet held by AUSOM is in less then 2 weeks. Details as follows:

6th of November
Starting at 10am and going until 4pm, the AUSOM Swap Meets are held at Building 4, Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill TAFE on the corner of Whitehorse and Elgar Roads, Box Hill.

Never been to one but have been to the Computer Swap Markets around melbourne on sundays. Just wondering if anyones going? And for those who have been to it, what can you expect to see their different to the PC ones?

decryption
28th October 2004, 06:46 PM
I'll probably turn up, seeing as I've never been to one before. Maybe there would be something interesting? :P

mjankor
28th October 2004, 06:51 PM
Damn can't you sods move it to Adelaide. :)

I want an old iMac and a Cube and a Newton 2000 and a Pizza box to run Panther on and a TAM and then.......

macmate
28th October 2004, 06:55 PM
yeah its a bit hit and miss. i was meant to be there as one of the stalls but this time i won't be.

if you go to meteks stall then you can meet my employer

_xfire
28th October 2004, 09:59 PM
haha when i see AUSOM... i think
AWESOME! hahaha
no really, because it looks like it would be pronounced like awesome.
ok.
:blink:

adamjc
28th October 2004, 10:09 PM
I might head down now that i know about it.

Will let you know later next week!

How far is box hill from cbd anyways?

downsys
28th October 2004, 11:00 PM
Box Hill is pretty far...about 45 mins by Tram i'd say? not too sure though. but before going that far, would like more input from those who have attended them before. (i remember the last time they had it, there was a lucky draw for a Nikon Coolpix SQ, but i didn't get to go). so may we expect nice items to purchase at nice prices? :P

macmate
28th October 2004, 11:38 PM
no lucky draw this time. (we supplied the camera back then)

box hill is not a far drive from CBD the tram is the long way there.

kim jong il
29th October 2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by downsys@Oct 28 2004, 11:00 PM
Box Hill is pretty far...about 45 mins by Tram i'd say? not too sure though.....................
How about 12 km (approx) or about a, brisk, 2 hour WALK from the cbd. Less than 15 minutes down the eastern freeway by car, 30 minutes by train (or less). No idea at all about trams (do the Box Hill trams start at Collins street still? Used to when the terminus was at Mont Albert (Union road))

decryption
29th October 2004, 08:16 AM
If you catch the train, it's about 20 minutes from the city to Box Hill station (zone 2).
To get there by tram, you neeed to catch the 109 Box Hill which starts from Port Melbourne and goes through the city via Collins Street, which would take around 45 minutes.

adamjc
29th October 2004, 08:50 AM
What kind of stuff do they have for sale? Second hand macs at all?

-Adam

macmate
29th October 2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by adamjc@Oct 29 2004, 08:50 AM
What kind of stuff do they have for sale? Second hand macs at all?

-Adam
i am starting to round up things for our stall there and i can tell you that there will be plenty of second hand stuff there. in fact mostly second hand stuff. new stuff doesn't sell cause if people wanted new stuff they would just buy it from a mac store. the only new things we will have there are some bits and pieces of software.

kristian
29th October 2004, 01:55 PM
I may rock down since I live nearby. Hope to score a 2nd hand Apple Pro Keyboard.