PDA

View Full Version : Macworld

adamjc
27th October 2004, 08:53 PM
I went out and bought a copy of Macworld today down at my local newsagent. Just wondering if this is the only local mac magazine?

-Adam

decryption
27th October 2004, 08:59 PM
Yep, it's the only one.
And it's not even worth reading :P

Which is kinda the reason Disko and I started the site, fuck all info for local Mac users.

adamjc
27th October 2004, 09:01 PM
Well yeah i bought it today, and there is more info on this site and all the other rumour sites. Macworld even quotes sites like macrumour.com.

Full of adverts as well.......very annoying.

Phillip
27th October 2004, 09:18 PM
Whats more annoying is that most of its reviews and articles comes from the American version of Macworld. I bought one issue and they are not going to see my money again.

Disko
27th October 2004, 10:40 PM
I haven't read it, but i'm sure their reviews would be at a higher standard than what i could do. :)
I guess that's what you pay for.

Phillip
27th October 2004, 11:05 PM
I prefer reading reviews here on AppleTalk. Instead of one opinion, you get many here. And you get reviews here that you just don't find anywhere else.

frenchtoast
28th October 2004, 12:53 AM
xfire and i have got a few copys of macworld. Just in case theres something interesting. It is kinda useless and the news is always dated. There is a new Australian mac magazine called iCreate or something to that affect. As its name suggests i think it is more geared towards guides on creative issues.

the_argon
28th October 2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by frenchtoast@Oct 28 2004, 12:23 AM
There is a new Australian mac magazine called iCreate or something to that affect.
I picked up issue 9 the other day, not a bad read. It's been a long time since I bought a computer mag tho. It's just way too easy to find out info on the net.

P.S. iCreate is from the UK by Paragon (http://paragon.co.uk/mags/icreate.html)

Phillip
29th October 2004, 11:11 PM
Theres recently an AUSTRALIAN version of iCreate. Pretty Much the same thou. I just love the iCandy section :P

the_OM
30th October 2004, 06:13 PM
Macworld Australia seems to have more articles from the U.S. version than they write themselves. there is little about the mac in australia. the only things i can really think of are the reseller and education opinon pieces.
The guy writes the columns at the very back on the last page (his name escapes me at the moment) is quite amusing and pretty funny.

OziMac
30th October 2004, 06:23 PM
I agree - nothing new here. But good reading for when you're bored on the loo ;)

iluvmymactoo
30th October 2004, 08:46 PM
I buy the UK edition of MacFormat. It is far more interesting.

kim jong il
31st October 2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by OziMac@Oct 30 2004, 06:23 PM
I agree - nothing new here. But good reading for when you're bored on the loo ;)
That's where I read MacWorld too. Nowhere else for some reason.

zen
31st October 2004, 09:01 AM
adamjc - I think your stressing a little too much over your 'switch'. IMHO just do it, it's not as hard as it seems and no you don't need to know anything before it to pick it up and play! It's very self explanitory and offcourse we will help you out if your stuck with anything

Experience beats reading any mag's, chill out, save the money from buying mag's to an iPod or something :lol:

LCGuy
31st October 2004, 10:50 AM
I sometimes get Aussie MacWorld, and its good. :) For some strange reason i prefer it to the US MacWorld too, lol.

adamjc
31st October 2004, 11:02 AM
adamjc - I think your stressing a little too much over your 'switch'. IMHO just do it, it's not as hard as it seems and no you don't need to know anything before it to pick it up and play! It's very self explanitory and offcourse we will help you out if your stuck with anything

Experience beats reading any mag's, chill out, save the money from buying mag's to an iPod or something

Ok OK i admit i am stressing just a little....ok mayby a lot. Just that i have so many people here at home (family and friends) telling me not to bother with it.

But that is the last you will hear of it i promise! No more, should i, could i, what if. Next time i will ask something apple related it will be once i order it...or if your lucky once its in my hands! :rolleyes:

Sorry for pestering you all.

-adamjc.

frenchtoast
31st October 2004, 12:14 PM
For the first time in a while Australian Macworld came with a CD attached!
Granted its just a demo of SapphireOne.

adamjc
31st October 2004, 12:18 PM
If anyone wants my SapphireOne Demo cd, i will be happy to post it to them! I dont think i will have any use for it.

kim jong il
31st October 2004, 12:19 PM
74 posts in just 6 days IS quite an achievement. Still, it is probably best to be sure and you are probably not the only person to get somethng out of the responses.

cheers