PDA

View Full Version : iStat Pro 2.3 & iStat nano 1.5

iSlayer
24th May 2006, 12:13 PM
iStat Pro 2.3 adds Support for MacBook Pro batteries aswell as Drive Filtering

iStat nano 1.5 fixes a bug with MacBook Pro battery support and adds Drive Filtering

What is drive filtering you ask
Drive Filtering is a new feature we have been developing that will exclude CD's,DVD's and dmg's from being displayed in both iStat Pro and iStat nano

Download both from iSlayer.com (http://islayer.com)
Enjoy :)

Sambo
24th May 2006, 04:14 PM
Nice one islayer, a good little update to a great widget.

hawker
24th May 2006, 04:19 PM
iSlayer, sorry to hi-jack the thread.

But will iStat Pro support the fan / temps in an iMac G4 800mhz at any point?

iSlayer
24th May 2006, 06:40 PM
i dont think so

DJY
2nd September 2006, 10:03 AM
my iStat nano says there is a new version available - but it seems islayer.net is down?
You got problems your end?

I wasn't sure if you were aware of this.
Oh I'm on a PB using latest Mac OS X and safari.
page / site won't load.

Mctastic
2nd September 2006, 10:08 AM
yep, won't load my side via Firefox either

mvjs
2nd September 2006, 10:39 AM
The website is down

marc
2nd September 2006, 01:31 PM
We're trying to sort it out, but it looks like we're being DDOSed :( It'll be up as soon as we can get it up.

STK
2nd September 2006, 01:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marc &#064; Sep 2 2006, 01&#58;31 PM) 210211</div>

We&#39;re trying to sort it out, but it looks like we&#39;re being DDOSed :( It&#39;ll be up as soon as we can get it up.
[/b]

DDOSed?

mvjs
2nd September 2006, 02:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDOS

DoS attacks have two general forms:
Force the victim computer(s) to reset or consume its resources such that it can no longer provide its intended service.
Obstruct the communication media between the intended users and the victim in such that they can no longer communicate adequately.
A "denial-of-service" attack is characterized by an explicit attempt by attackers to prevent legitimate users of a service from using that service. Examples include
attempts to "flood" a network, thereby preventing legitimate network traffic
attempts to disrupt connections between two machines, thereby preventing access to a service
attempts to prevent a particular individual from accessing a service
attempts to disrupt service to a specific system or person
Not all service outages, even those that result from malicious activity, are necessarily denial-of-service attacks. Other types of attack may include a denial of service as a component, but the denial of service may be part of a larger attack.[/b]

luke_in_tas
2nd September 2006, 02:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Simo &#064; Sep 2 2006, 01&#58;58 PM) 210219</div>

DDOSed?
[/b]

A DDoS is a distributed denial of service attack. For more information on what a denial of service (DoS) attack is see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack.

STK
2nd September 2006, 03:13 PM
Nasty :(

marc
2nd September 2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it looks like someone&#39;s decided they don&#39;t want our site up. If that&#39;s actually what&#39;s happened then it really sucks. Lucky I don&#39;t know who they are or I&#39;d be jumping on a plane an paying them a visit ;)

STK
2nd September 2006, 05:38 PM
Could this delay istat.app?

STK
2nd September 2006, 05:38 PM
Could this delay istat.app?

DJY
3rd September 2006, 10:06 AM
Site is back up now.
Grabbed both the new iStat nano and pro... and now can&#39;t decide which one to use.
I think the pro is the winner for me today. Has gone through some pretty big changes since I looked at it last&#33;

Did notice one minor thing - under battery section - you have a heading cycles: but then the data it seems to be obtaining also says cycles? (Mmm not very articulate of me - so I&#39;ll add a screen shot)

Thanks though iSlayer (et al)&#33; still making the best widgets I&#39;ve seen&#33;&#33;&#33;

iSlayer
3rd September 2006, 10:11 AM
some people still may have a few problems with the site today and tomorrow even
i transferred the dns to my spare server so we could put up a message explaining what was happening so some people may get that site today and tomorrow until the dns updates properly and points to the old server again