PDA

View Full Version : Email Sent to Apple - USA

adamjc
27th October 2004, 02:56 PM
Hello, my name is Adam **** and I am writing this very disappointing email, as today the 26th of October, countries with much smaller populations then Australia, were added to the iTunes Music Service, whereas we have been left out. I will give you one point that we donít make up much in global sales, but whether we do or not does not justify the fact we are treated so poorly. My iBook in which I love and adore, is my pride and most up kept possession. Apple to me is an innovative company with a vision to please it's users in every way possible. Many users of the iTunes program, both PC and Mac were very upset to hear that we would not be part of the service, none the less we were not even mentioned at the Music Event. I and many others around the nation of Australia, stayed awake till AEST 3:00 on the 27th October, as we were certain that Apple would add Australia to the iTunes Music Store service. Many of us if not all had our credit cards out and ready to splurge. We then stayed waiting and waiting for the Apple sites to go back online. I myself know of 9 people holding out on buying iPods until the service is available in Australia, and there are many other groups of people like this as well. Please give the Australian and global community some kind of hint of when and if in the near foreseeable future a iTunes Music Store will be available in Australia. I promise you, that the Australian people need a service like this that is incomparable to that of any other service. I hope that you find this email of standard, and that the Australian public hear of an announcement shortly, I hope you will look on our situation favourably. -Adam *****

A little lame, but eh, i just thought i would give it a try!

If we get enough people sending emails like this....and better then this, we might get some kind of an answer!

-Adam.

Send emails to Apple USA via this link http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html

Disko
27th October 2004, 03:05 PM
Looks like apple have you right where they want you. Excited, obsessed, desperate and frustrated waiting for the new product. :)

adamjc
27th October 2004, 03:06 PM
It is true Disko, i am all of the above and more.

internet
27th October 2004, 03:08 PM
good stuff man, but i think it'll be taken with a grain of salt

i'm sure they're working on their pre-written and carefully constructed roll out plan

internet
27th October 2004, 03:10 PM
ps; you sent that to (that link) website feedback, it might not even get past the web designers who read the feedback :(

adamjc
27th October 2004, 03:15 PM
I tried, if you find the link, post it to the forum, very hard to find right area on the site.

Disko
27th October 2004, 03:19 PM
i actually put these links in the lastest news post:

Apple USA contacts (http://www.apple.com/contact/)
Apple Au contacts (http://www.apple.com.au/contact/)

decryption
27th October 2004, 03:28 PM
You may want to try writing it in paragraphs instead of one long rant. They may think you're just another Mac using looney :P

adamjc
27th October 2004, 03:32 PM
Doesnt allow for paragraphs, in the text box they use, it all gets crumbled together again when you hit send!

Wish i could use a mail program and send direct to an email address.

What about stevejobs@apple.com ?

Exocet
27th October 2004, 04:07 PM
hahah, I know there's some sort of e-mail for steve. A few friends of mine just send friendly e-mails to him saying "Cheers buddy, my pBook kicks ass thank god there's still some decent companies out there pushing innovative products rather than your baseline moneygrabbers"

I doubt it was steve who replied, but a well paid secretary ghostwriting for mr Jobs.

PS, I'm writing this on a 17" Pbook keyboard at Megamart Coorparoo while I wait for their apple salesman to come back so I can ask about that damn authorised retail assistant job.

Disko
27th October 2004, 04:31 PM
here's a tip adamjc:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

thomas
27th October 2004, 05:37 PM
I think it's got little do to with Apple (i'm sure they'd have the store everywhere by now otherwise) and more to do with all the record companies willingness (and lack thereof) to get along. You have to remember that different artists are often signed to different labels overseas, and this causes a lot of problems regarding royalties etc in a situation such as this.

Blame the rich record execs in their comfy leather chairs, not Apple and old mate Steve :P

spargo
27th October 2004, 08:10 PM
You have hit the nail on the head thomas. Thank you. :D

The primary reason must be the deals done with Record Companies and Artists.

And to add to that reason -

When you walk the cities of Europe, all you see are white earbuds everywhere!!! - last time I walked down Queen Street in ol' country-town Brisbane, or even Sydney and Melbourne (which aren't exactly great urban metropolises of the world), I saw nowhere near the same number of iPod users that you see in places like Rome, London, Japan, etc..

I'm sorry, but opening up an Apple-promoted online music store in Australia before Italy or Spain, would have been comparitive to opening up the first Australian AppleCentre store in Rockhampton rather than Sydney..

The only people who truely should be complaining are the Japanese - they are a hugely untapped music-buying market (the big reason Richard Branson has Virgin Megastores everywhere there), they are nuts about digital music, and they love the iPod's and other HDD-based units such as Sony's new model.. and with 127 million people in mainly dense-urban centres, I beleive it was justified for them to get it well before Australia, and they didn't.. I'm afraid our 20 million people spread all over a huge continent just didn't cut it. And yes I know that some of those Countries added yesterday don't have greater populations than Australia (i'm a town planner, it's my job to know!), but it is obviously an irrelevant factor (refer to start of this paragraph and read again - i.e. Japan).

Have a great day everyone, even without your iTMS.. :cmd:

(if it's any consolation, I can't even download "Eric Prydz - call on me" - which has been the UK No. 1 for 3 weeks, on the UK iTMS - so it definitely isn't the 'be all and end all' you might think it is - ps. the videoclip is to die for!!)

thomas
27th October 2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by spargo@Oct 27 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry, but opening up an Apple-promoted online music store in Australia before Italy or Spain, would have been comparitive to opening up the first Australian AppleCentre store in Rockhampton rather than Sydney..
oi! What are you trying to say about Rockhampton :P

Thanks for following up on my post spargo :D

MightyAtom
28th October 2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Exocet@Oct 27 2004, 04:07 PM
hahah, I know there's some sort of e-mail for steve.
steve@mac.com