PDA

View Full Version : iPod Socks

frenchtoast
27th October 2004, 11:16 AM
So whos going to get a nifty set of iPod socks?

http://www.macobserver.com/gallery_albums/...re/DSC_0059.jpg (http://www.macobserver.com/gallery_albums/u2more/DSC_0059.jpg)

Disko edit: removed hotlinked image

Disko
27th October 2004, 11:22 AM
*moves to iPod/iPod mini forum*

internet
27th October 2004, 03:01 PM
lol, no!

what is the deal with iPod socks??

why not just apple socks.. or ipod tshirts?

very obscure and weird

Disko
27th October 2004, 03:06 PM
i think they're 'socks' for your ipod, not ipod socks for your feet...

decryption
27th October 2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I watched the Special event live and they're to carry your iPod around in :)
I wouldn't buy them, but my girlfriend reckons they're cute :P

Quamen
27th October 2004, 03:39 PM
I might get one. I know my iSkin is getting a few holes in it now. Silly thing.

downsys
27th October 2004, 03:47 PM
are they trying to prove a point that the iPod is just as important as our feet, thus the need for socks :blink:

Phillip
27th October 2004, 04:07 PM
LOL apple is making clothing... for its own products.

I am kinda interested but its bit expensive :P $59 for 5 socks :(

_xfire
27th October 2004, 07:50 PM
WTF!?
:blink:

the_OM
27th October 2004, 07:58 PM
I'm going to get them, they do look kinda fun.
It's kinda funny how no other 3rd party manufacturer has released something like this yet (that i know of), its seem so simple, yet pretty cool.
I especially liked the way Steve Jobs introduced them on stage. pure jobs, and pure gold.

adamjc
27th October 2004, 08:19 PM
They are not on the apple.com.au store as far as i can see!

Anyone else can see them?

Phillip
27th October 2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah, i agree, you would think iSkin would have created socks by now, since socks seem to be popular with phones.

decryption
27th October 2004, 08:46 PM
I wonder if anyone is interested in a "group buy" of iPod socks?
My girlfriend only wants a blue one, not the other colours, so if I can get people to buy the other colours, I'll get the pack, and we can split the cost for each of them + postage (or no postage if you're picking up from my place).

adamjc
27th October 2004, 08:49 PM
I still cant see them on the site (apple.com.au), i have looked all over and cant find them, can someone send me a link?

Thanks

-Adam

OziMac
27th October 2004, 09:22 PM
They're not going to be available until mid-November, so I don't think you'll see them on the store for a while.

Quamen
27th October 2004, 09:25 PM
I'd be up for that decryption.

Red for me. Or maybe Green, or purple or orange. hehe. Not too fussed.

petruk
27th October 2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by decryption@Oct 27 2004, 08:46 PM
I wonder if anyone is interested in a "group buy" of iPod socks?
My girlfriend only wants a blue one, not the other colours, so if I can get people to buy the other colours, I'll get the pack, and we can split the cost for each of them + postage (or no postage if you're picking up from my place).
My girlfriend wants the pink one so I'm happy to pick them up for 1/6 of the total price :D Thanks!

More info about them here:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comment...id=5351_0_7_0_C (http://www.ipodlounge.com/ipodnews_comments.php?id=5351_0_7_0_C)

Pretty expensive though.

Cheers,

-petruk

Phillip
27th October 2004, 11:03 PM
I will have an Orange one since the blues taken. But can I have the box?

glenferrie
7th November 2004, 05:27 PM
*is new*

i would buy the green one off you =D

scruffie
7th November 2004, 05:39 PM
oh god am i too late :(

i think all the colours are taken. also not sure whether they fit the mini ipod properly - this might just be sufficient reason for me to grow up and get an ipod :)

adamjc
7th November 2004, 05:54 PM
Apple iPod socks are officially on the apple.com.au store website!

Going for $48.00 a set. Not the $59.00 originally expected.

Dont know if this link will work but try it anyways....iPod Socks Click Here (http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/80305/wo/KM3GKhvcGJVP2ZFApBDSQFGQ6bh/1.0.0.9.1.0.6.10.5.0.1.0.1.1.0.1.0.1)

Ships: Early December

Thought you might be interested to know their up, seeing it hadnt been mentioned as of yet.

-adamjc

adamjc
7th November 2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by scruffie@Nov 7 2004, 06:39 PM
oh god am i too late :(

i think all the colours are taken. also not sure whether they fit the mini ipod properly - this might just be sufficient reason for me to grow up and get an ipod :)
Text taken from Apple iPod Socks description page:

"Dress your iPod up in any one of six vibrant color socks (green, purple, grey, blue, orange, and pink). This set of six knit socks provides a stylish, fun, and practical way to protect your iPod. Supports all iPods."

Shouldnt be a problem with your iPod Mini scruffie.

-adamjc

LCGuy
10th November 2004, 11:45 PM
If/when i get an iPod i'll prolly get a green one, to go with my Lime iMac. :)

Ozi
11th November 2004, 02:06 AM
"Dress your iPod up in any one of six vibrant color socks (green, purple, grey, blue, orange, and pink). This set of six knit socks provides a stylish, fun, and practical way to protect your iPod. Supports all iPods."

Since when was grey a "vibrant colour" or am I missing something here?! :lol:

OziMac
11th November 2004, 06:07 AM
lol Ozi, it's not actually grey - the marketing people slipped up and forgot to say that it's the colour of 'aircraft-grade aluminium'! ;)

adamjc
11th November 2004, 07:01 AM
I want the dark blue but seeing it is taken, should we set up another thread, for more people that want only one iPod sock?

-Adam

matt
13th November 2004, 02:48 AM
Hahaha. I used to appreciate the irony in my cousin, who does fashion stuff, carrying around her iPod in a slightly ratty looking white sports sock instead of a stylish case. But now, I guess she was actually ahead of the curve...

hawker
13th November 2004, 08:55 AM
I would pay a bit more and buy an iPod instead :P

nah just kidding. If you are a student or can get edu price, its: $41.80

snax
13th November 2004, 09:18 AM
Some genius should buy a few packs of iSocks at student price ($41), and set up a website selling individual colours. Chuck a (free?) banner on here, and there's a possibility of profit. :ph34r:

zefi
14th November 2004, 12:08 AM
I did some reading and I think the iPod socks may be a seasonal thing... so order them now, they may never again grace the Apple shelves.

arty
15th January 2005, 10:41 PM
When I first saw the iPod socks I thought "why?!"

Then I got iPod socks for Xmas. "Great", I thought, "WTF am I going to do with 6 of these? I only have 1 iPod!"...

Well I'm using one on my iPod

One on my mobile so it doesn't get scratched when it's in my pocket with keys, lighter, etc (and it works well - phone slips out of the sock easily enough to not take entra time to answer and I don't have to worry about what's in the same pocket as my phone any more)

A third on my digital camera to protect the screen as the bag that came with it was not very appealing

I must say I'm actually quite impressed with them. They don't look bad, they are a nice simple slip-case and they have stopped my iPod, phone and camera from getting scratched.