PDA

View Full Version : Free Shipping From Apple Store

DVD Plaza
20th October 2004, 09:57 AM
Not sure how long this has been running for, but everything on the Apple Store (AU) is being listed as "Free Shipping".

Hope this is of use to someone...

Disko
20th October 2004, 10:04 AM
always has been as far as i know. :)

chrism238
20th October 2004, 10:12 AM
Apple's not Dell you know!

DVD Plaza
20th October 2004, 12:24 PM
So if they've always done it then they've simply added it to the specifications on every product then?

I've never seen Free Shipping listed in red withinin the specifications of the products before. Certainly grabbed my attention!

purana
20th October 2004, 01:05 PM
Always been free shipping... as long as I can remember back.. which makes ordering from them good..

I am guessing the fact they use star track express so much, it was stupid not to use them for sales too.

Apple must have a huge contract with STE :)

downsys
20th October 2004, 01:16 PM
darn...and i thought it'd be expensive for them to post the M-Audio 49e keyboard...few months ago it was only $139...not it's gone up to $199 :angry:

estoyloco
20th October 2004, 02:32 PM
Regaurdign M-Audio 49e

I waited a few weeks cos they were allsold out everywhere.. i used to check the appe site everyday, but it said exp build/delivery 7-8 weeks, then one day i got on and it said 7-8 weeks, then i clicked back on it about 10minutes later and it said 3-4 days, so igrabbed it strait away. Ordered it on a Saturday night, it was on my door on monday late morning 11-11:30

Got free delivery too! Star Trackexpress again.

Oh and it was $139 back then too! i noticed that they went up! I think alot of people would have got them...

purana
20th October 2004, 02:41 PM
My powerbook shipped with no extra cost for postage... and of course via startrack express as apple use them for everything including shipping spares to resellers and service partners.. free postage is a big selling point to buying oneline from them I think..

Currawong
20th October 2004, 02:52 PM
We use STE at work...I saw the shipping invoices the other day (and we too have a huge contract with them). The costs were unbelievably low.