PDA

View Full Version : Apple Loop SDK

stevejay
10th February 2004, 10:59 AM
Forgive me if I'm teaching grandmothers to suck eggs, but hidden away on Apple's developer site is the Apple Loop SDK...
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development...SDK_1.1.dmg.bin (ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/Apple_Loops_SDK_1.1.dmg.bin)

I haven't had a chance to download and play with this yet, but if you want to make your own loops for Garage Band, this tool is apparently the go. In simple terms, it takes a standard AIFF audi file and turns it into a stretchable/shrinkable Apple Loop.

Now all we need is an Acid to Apple loop converter utility.

stevejay
11th February 2004, 06:45 AM
Man! This is WAY cool! I've already built a few loops and I'm planning (when I get enough time between my daughters playing the Sims, anyway) to put together a collection of free loops. I'll post details when it's done.

jameso
12th February 2004, 07:44 AM
Nice. it must almost be time to shell out for the new version of ilife

jameso

konni
7th April 2007, 03:28 PM
how do I add new loops so I can find them using the loop browser?

I've tried dragging a loop into the same folder the built in loops are found: /library/audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for Garage Band but it hasn't worked.

( that is a convoluted file directory isn't it ? :confused: )

also that SDK mentioned in the first post sounds interesting but the post date is 2004 - do I still need something like this to make my own loops or is it built in to GB3?

Botox
7th April 2007, 04:01 PM
how do I add new loops so I can find them using the loop browser?

I've tried dragging a loop into the same folder the built in loops are found: /library/audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for Garage Band but it hasn't worked.

( that is a convoluted file directory isn't it ? :confused: )

also that SDK mentioned in the first post sounds interesting but the post date is 2004 - do I still need something like this to make my own loops or is it built in to GB3?

Open Garage Band, open the loops browser and drag and drop your loops there. They will be indexed and available right away.

konni
7th April 2007, 04:04 PM
yay. of course. it's drag and drop simple... I have to start thinking like a Mac instead of a filing clerk. thanks Botox.

Brains
7th April 2007, 05:08 PM
that SDK mentioned in the first post sounds interesting but the post date is 2004 - do I still need something like this to make my own loops or is it built in to GB3?

The tools in the SDK are still needed if you want to make proper loops for GB.

B.