PDA

View Full Version : Google Mail blocked by SORBS DNSBL

nard
12th April 2006, 09:46 AM
Some messages sent from Google are being bounced back this morning. Has anyone else had this problem?

It seems that a range of Google's servers has been blacklisted by SORBS. (See attached screenshot)

Edit: Do a whois search to reveal the owner of that IP address. (No prizes for guessing. :P )

Quamen
12th April 2006, 11:06 AM
Man I hate SORBS. They were a pain to deal with last time I had to.

Silver
12th April 2006, 11:12 AM
I don't much care for them either, but unfortunately, everyone seems to use them, you really have no choice but to follow suit.

Currawong
12th April 2006, 11:25 AM
I'm using the local cable company here in Fukuoka, and since cable modems are just bridges, everyone and their dog connects their PC's directly to the network, periodically resulted in one being hacked and used for spam. Thankfully support has someone who understands English and they know what I'm talking about when I forward them sorbs/ordb/spamhaus and other links.

nard
12th April 2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Currawong@Apr 12 2006, 11:25 AM
I'm using the local cable company here in Fukuoka, and since cable modems are just bridges, everyone and their dog connects their PC's directly to the network, periodically resulted in one being hacked and used for spam. Thankfully support has someone who understands English and they know what I'm talking about when I forward them sorbs/ordb/spamhaus and other links.
Currawong, did you actually find someone whith good spoken English or is it mainly email communication?

I had such a bad time when I was in Osaka last year. The cable access went down and it took over a week to get any sort of action. It was so out of keeping with the excellent level of service in other parts of Japanese society.