PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Slideshow Portability

Astrobuoy
12th April 2006, 08:59 AM
Is there any way to export a slideshow from iPhoto to a PC. I know most of you are going to say "Why would you?" but I've done up a flash slideshow for my boss to present to some people and don't really want to leave my Powerbook here for her to use for it.

fiark
12th April 2006, 10:08 AM
*deleted*

Aa
12th April 2006, 10:45 AM
This is so funny. I just tried doing this yesterday and was trying to work out the best way possible.

It looked like the only export method (click on the slideshow you have just created in the side bar - It appears there the same as an album) available was as a quicktime movie.

My slideshow had 40photos, a single mp3 soundtrack by Donovan Frankenreiter, and the ken burns effect throughout. The movie was saved in large format(1000xsomething? or something like that...) and took 15minute or so to export on my 1.25ghz pBook.

...the resulting file was 328 Mb!!!! and the quality was crap. Very stuttery and jumpy.

I was trying to send it to my sister who also has 10.4 so i ended up exporting the photos to email at the larger size(but not full size), included the mp3, and ggave her instructions onn how to set it up in iphoto to view it as i had.

You'd think there'd be a better way than quicktime for an iphoto to iphoto export. But i haven't found it yet.