PDA

View Full Version : iTunes not reading mp3 files?

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 04:40 PM
hi all,

I was at this website downloading their mp3s:

http://www.souldigger.com.au/site/music.htm

After downloading, I double clicked the 'Kissing Angels' and 'Kerry Lou' mp3s and iTunes automatically opened and started playing the songs.

But it refuses to load and play 'Chance' and 'The Same Thing'. When I double click on those mp3s, iTunes starts up but then does absolutely nothing. The mp3 files don't even show up on the iTunes library.

What's going on??

eroda
9th April 2006, 05:03 PM
try a differnt media player, vlc? somehtign other than itunes if that works then it will help isolate problem

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 05:12 PM
Hm... it doesn't play on VLC either... could the mp3 files be corrupted?

eroda
9th April 2006, 05:38 PM
mayby try redownloading

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 05:51 PM
Already tried re-downloading. I'm stumped.

fiark
9th April 2006, 05:55 PM
*deleted*

timothy
9th April 2006, 05:59 PM
drag and drop mp3 into itunes library window?

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by timothy@Apr 9 2006, 05:59 PM
drag and drop mp3 into itunes library window?
I'm on Apple iTunes. I've never had a problem with it in the past though. ]

I just tried dragging and dropping but it didn't work either.

Byrd
9th April 2006, 08:04 PM
The MP3's worked fine here, although I'm on a PC running WinAmp :(

See if you can play the files under Quicktime. If not, something is screwy - I'd first start deleting your iTunes preferences.

JB

Currawong
9th April 2006, 08:19 PM
Drag them onto FfmpegX and see what it says they are maybe. They could have been created with software that doesn't create a proper mp3 file. Sometimes players will ignore badly formatted information though, which is possibly why they play in some programs and not others.

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Byrd@Apr 9 2006, 08:04 PM
The MP3's worked fine here, although I'm on a PC running WinAmp :(

See if you can play the files under Quicktime. If not, something is screwy - I'd first start deleting your iTunes preferences.

JB
I just tried to open it with qiucktime, it says it's a file that quicktime doesn't understand.

What's wrong with my iTunes preferences? It's worked fine all this time when I started uploading my entire CD collection in the past few months?

whatamidoing
9th April 2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Currawong@Apr 9 2006, 08:19 PM
Drag them onto FfmpegX and see what it says they are maybe. They could have been created with software that doesn't create a proper mp3 file. Sometimes players will ignore badly formatted information though, which is possibly why they play in some programs and not others.
What is FfmpegX?

If it is badly formatted info, that means it's a corrupted file isn't it? But Byrd said it worked fine on his PC so they can't be corrupted files?