PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp stories

The Fluffy Duck
8th April 2006, 12:45 AM
I personaly havnt got it installed, but rather than everybody talk about apple domination rumours and theories I was wondering if people could post their successes or failers and the limitations with the beta. Also screenshots and game performance would be hot too :P

P.S is it easy to uninstall if it all goes pear shaped.

jerrah
8th April 2006, 01:02 AM
I've installed it, install was painless. I BSOD'ed the machine about 10 seconds after installing the drivers after I looked under My Computer and saw a webcam... Oooh, I wonder what happens if I try to use that? BSOD

Beyond that it has worked fine. No screenshots - I don't see the point - it'd just look like a computer running windows?

Oh, the other thing is... keys for changing brightness and volume don't work, you have to use the little sliders down on the bottom right of the taskbar. (Apple has provided a brightness one) and the backlit keyboard didn't work. I didn't notice the lack of backlight until I booted back into MacOS and saw the letters glowing back at me. :)

Game performance - WoW and Battlefield2 work fine. Battlefield2 works 1000% better than I expected and heaps better than any pc I've seen previously - mind youI haven't used one with a ATI x1600 video card either. Full resolution and it was totally smooth on an online game being played using the wireless to connect to the internet. :thumbup:

Uninstall is even easier. Boot into MacOS, go into bootcamp and say remove and it's gone.

Byrd
8th April 2006, 10:22 AM
Please keep such discussion going in the original thread (http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=18518&st=315&hl=) :)

JB