View Full Version : iweb decided to stop working

8th April 2006, 12:41 AM
I've put up a site for a film i've made with iweb on my idisk (www.mygiftfilm.com)
i have been updating it nearly every day, by editing in iweb and then republishing it. Just tonight, no just in the last hour or so, the iweb publish has stopped working. it goes through the motions of publishing, tells me its done and then when i visit the site, it hasn't changed !!!
Does anyone know how to fix this ?

8th April 2006, 08:29 AM
Download Camino (from www.mozilla.com) and force a page refresh - the old copy is probably stuck in Safari's (or your ISP's) cache. Safari is fairly horrible at requesting new versions of a page when it thinks it already has it.

8th April 2006, 08:53 AM
You can try and force it to look for the updated site.

You can do this by doing two things. In Safari, go to the safari menu and go to "Empty Cache" you can also try and delete history under the history menu.

The other way to try and force it to look for the updated site is to add a question mark at the end of the domain. ie.


8th April 2006, 09:54 AM
i have found it doesn't change instantly. when i updated daily people viewing would get plenty of question marks. it does update but not straight away. iff you delete and add pages, it can go silly for a bit, still showing old headings etc...
edit: went to your site, looks good everything working. the trailer looked good.