PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Podcasts

morgan
4th April 2006, 10:55 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when you import a fle which is part of a podcast, it isn't properly added to the library? This happens when I don't download it using my own computer and itunes, but import it having downloaded it using a different computers itunes. I can make it part of the Genre 'Podcast' but itunes still treats it as music ie. it doesn't come up when you click on podcasts, only when you have the 'music' button clicked.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can trick itunes into recognising these files properly? It is more of an aesthetic thing really I suppose.

hawker
5th April 2006, 07:36 AM
Complete Guess, but have you tried putting it in the podcast folder in iTunes?

serdar
5th April 2006, 07:38 AM
I believe iTunes treats the Podcast "playlist" as special and reserves it only for Podcasts that you subscribe to through iTMS.

morgan
5th April 2006, 09:30 AM
Yes they are in the Podcasts folder. These files are part of a podcast that I subscribe to, I just downloaded three weeks worth of them on another computer. Where I live on campus they charge 7c/mb for internet access, so its not uncommon for a student like me to use someones unlimited account to save some money.

hawker
5th April 2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by morgan@Apr 5 2006, 09:00 AM
Yes they are in the Podcasts folder. These files are part of a podcast that I subscribe to, I just downloaded three weeks worth of them on another computer. Where I live on campus they charge 7c/mb for internet access, so its not uncommon for a student like me to use someones unlimited account to save some money.
I believe serdar is right - It sounds like you have to subscribe to them on that computer. You'll just have to make a playlist!

And 7 cents, god you've got it hard, it use to be 20 cents when I started at uni, thankfully we had a go at the IT dept of our uni and its back down to 11 cents :P

morgan
5th April 2006, 09:52 AM
The University actually makes money out of our internet access. We know that they are charged 1.7c/mb by their provider for foreign data, but they charge us 7c/mb for all data even if it is on a Canberra server (and the provider gives it to them for free). How do you think I felt when I installed 10.4.3 and had to spend $10 downloading updates??