PDA

View Full Version : xchat aqua

Teh_Fonz
4th April 2006, 09:21 PM
I have looked everyone on the net, google and this forum and still have no found an answer.

does anyone know how to change the userlist background (and font) colour in xchat aqua.

my main screen is black and the user list is white. they dont mix very well.

and while we are on xchat aqua, i have changed the icon of it (both in the applications folder and on the dock) but when it is running (or after its run a has been quit from) the icon goes back to its default icon. can i change this permanently.

thank you all kindly for any help provided.

Currawong
4th April 2006, 09:25 PM
I don't know about changing the userlist background, but the icon is inside the application itself. If you right/control click on the application and "Show Application Contents" its in Contents -> Resources named xchat.icns. However, an icns file isn't an ordinary image but a series of images.

The reason for this weird setup is so that the dock icon can indicate various things. You'd have to do a bit of work with a program such as Graphicconverter to replace the icns file.

Teh_Fonz
4th April 2006, 09:41 PM
excellent i just replaced the icns file with the icns file from the program i had the icon from.

you champ.
now for my other problem :(

cheers

eroda
4th April 2006, 10:24 PM
well in regular xchat there is an optiion to set the userlist and text edit bard to use channel colors but not in aqua you ill have to go onto the configs and manually attempt an edit..

also check the <nick> thread for xchat aqua&#33;

Teh_Fonz
5th April 2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by eroda@Apr 4 2006, 11:24 PM
well in regular xchat there is an optiion to set the userlist and text edit bard to use channel colors but not in aqua you ill have to go onto the configs and manually attempt an edit..

also check the <nick> thread for xchat aqua&#33;
sorry i dont see how adding <> around nicks is supposed to help me?

Currawong
5th April 2006, 11:29 AM
This could possibly work:

XChat and XChat Aqua use the same set of prefs. You could install the X11 version of XChat (via Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net) is easiest), change the look and feel to the way you like it, then see if XChat Aqua is correspondingly updated. Just backup your XChat prefs first. They are in ~/Library/Application Support/XChat Aqua.

Note: ~ = Home folder