PDA

View Full Version : Azureus and Intel mac

namco
4th April 2006, 06:29 PM
Is anyone having trouble loading up Azureus on a mac intel machine (MBP, Mac Intel, iMac)?
I d/l the Universal binary version and when loading it up, itll just pop up for 3 seconds on my dock, then disapear and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

hawker
4th April 2006, 06:34 PM
What does your console say when you open the app?

To get to consolse go to "go / utilities / Console

namco
4th April 2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by hawker@Apr 4 2006, 06:34 PM
What does your console say when you open the app?

To get to consolse go to "go / utilities / Console
[LaunchRunner Error] org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(String[]) threw an exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Azureus.app/Contents/Resources/Java/dll/libswt-pi-carbon-3139.jnilib:
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.jav a:1586)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java :1511)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Libra ry.java:123)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:20)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Disp lay.java:856)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.jav a:836)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:118)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:676)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:667)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init>(SWTThread.java:77)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.crea teInstance(SWTThread.java:58)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.Initializer.<init>(Initializer.java:108)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>(Main.java:147)
at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:162)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java: 88)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner. java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(Java ApplicationLauncher.java:52)

pipingfiend
4th April 2006, 08:16 PM
Transmission is a good torrent client (tried to base it on PC&#39;s Utorrent) and it is a universal binary

http://transmission.m0k.org/

c3017474
4th April 2006, 08:30 PM
I have Azureus running on my Intel iMac. But it was a bit tough to get it going, I used the old non-binary version and found a guide on how to download various little Java bits and paste them into the package contents in Azureus to get it woking properly. Maybe if you did a google search for &#39;azureus mac intel&#39; you might find it. It can definitely be done though.

There seem to be a few problems with Java based apps on the new Intel Macs, and I have noticed a few people on the Apple Discussion Boards aying that eBay doesn&#39;t work properly. I have experienced that myself. Nothing mre than teething problems hopefully.

EDIT: Here is the link to the appropriate Azureus wiki: Link (http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Intel_Macs). Seems that the special build should already have all those steps applied but it may well be worth having a crack yourself&#33;

eroda
4th April 2006, 08:38 PM
nothing offers the featues of azerus though,

kennyy
5th April 2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by namco@Apr 4 2006, 06:29 PM
Is anyone having trouble loading up Azureus on a mac intel machine (MBP, Mac Intel, iMac)?
I d/l the Universal binary version and when loading it up, itll just pop up for 3 seconds on my dock, then disapear and nothing happens.

Any ideas?
i have the same problem like urs before. Try to get 2.4.0.2 version it should be work...good luck mate

nbetts
5th April 2006, 12:46 PM
I concurr, no luck with getting this to work, i also have huge problems with java websites etc on an intel mac.

Not making it a great experience so far.

purana
5th April 2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by pipingfiend@Apr 4 2006, 08:16 PM
Transmission is a good torrent client (tried to base it on PC&#39;s Utorrent) and it is a universal binary

http://transmission.m0k.org/
Sounds like something to look at.

uTorrent rocks on PC..

namco
19th April 2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by purana@Apr 5 2006, 02:08 PM
Sounds like something to look at.

uTorrent rocks on PC..

I quit trying to get azureus to work on my mini and settled with utorrent on my PC.
uTorrent does rock =)