PDA

View Full Version : Console messages are not my friend...

gmask1
31st March 2006, 04:20 PM
I'm not a big fan of asking for help, but I'm at my wits end with these messages that come up in the console... if anyone has suggestions or solutions, I'd absolutely, positively, totally appreciate them :D

The first set occur whenever the .mac sync process is supposed to run...

2006-03-31 17:03:30.682 SyncServer[5215] A Sync Server is already running on this computer, exiting process.
2006-03-31 17:03:39.365 Translator[5217] Invoked to sync conduit com.apple.Safari for entityNames: com.apple.bookmarks.Folder,com.apple.bookmarks.Boo kmark

The next set make a regular appearance when Safari is running, roughly about the time that the RSS feeds should update (which co-incidently don't update):

2006-03-31 17:09:33.845 SyndicationAgent[5219] Error: could not create directory '/Library/Application Support/Syndication'
2006-03-31 17:09:33.845 SyndicationAgent[5219] WARNING: SyncController: Couldn't create .mac dir /Library/Application Support/Syndication

Here's a pair that appeared while I was using dvd player, leaving me pretty much with no idea how they were caused:

Mar 31 16:10:31 Skaro /usr/sbin/AppleFileServer: AFPServer::AbnormalATListenerShutDown - clear listener
Mar 31 16:10:31 Skaro configd[36]: AppleTalk shutdown failed, status = 71 (retrying)

Here's a new set that appeared this morning when the iTunes library screensaver kicked in:

Mar 31 09:19:40 Skaro /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine: CMSCreateDataProviderOrGetInfo : Invalid colorspace type
Mar 31 09:22:28 Skaro /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine: CMSCreateDataProviderOrGetInfo : Invalid colorspace type

Currawong
31st March 2006, 06:37 PM
Is anything not working as a result? If not, I wouldn't stress over it.

However, the first error is self-explanitary. Does Library/Application Support/Syndication exist? If yes, and it's empty, maybe try deleting it.

The second - I am hopeless at trouble-shooting Appletalk (Apple's file sharing system). I tend to run a program that deletes caches, which may or may not fix problems such as this.

The third is just a software error.

gmask1
31st March 2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the advice - the problems I'm having at the moment are:

- The files on the desktop disappear, along with any shortcuts (to documents, music etc) in the lower left half of the finder and my Sys Prefs settings to activate the dashboard (ie. setting the middle button to activate it). If I try and drag something onto the desktop, I receive a 'The file cannot be moved because "Desktop" cannot be modified' message. The desktop icons are back after a reboot (neither the shortcuts nor the the sys pref dashboard settings are though), though it always happens again at some stage down the track.

- I have permissions that are repaired using the repair permissions, yet when I repair again (before or after a reboot) those same permissions are again 'repaired'.

- The RSS feeds in Safari are not updating automatically. If I click into an RSS feed, the feed refreshes, yet they used to refresh without me having to click in.