PDA

View Full Version : avi to DVD conversion

A-M
30th March 2006, 02:21 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to burn avi movies to a dvd in mac os x, or is there a special software for that?

matreya
30th March 2006, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by A-M@Mar 30 2006, 02:21 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to burn avi movies to a dvd in mac os x, or is there a special software for that?
If you mean, burning avis to be played as DVDs on DVD players, then you need Toast Titanium.

If you mean, burning avis to be played as mpeg4s on DVD/mpeg4 players, then I *recommend* Toast Titanium.

Got Google™? :ph34r:

tintinaujapon
30th March 2006, 08:58 AM
I've only made one attempt to use Toast Titanium's AVI->DVD feature and I was really rather unimpressed to be honest. The end result was blocky and stuttery.

Bad source file or have others had this same experience? Most DVD players these days will play DivX AVI files anyway won't they?

hawker
30th March 2006, 09:03 AM
You could try ffmpeg to do the convert if you're not happy.

However, avi was not really made to be a subsitute for dvd...

rabit
30th March 2006, 12:30 PM
I have found most DVD players will read AVI files
burn the AVI file as a standard data disc
Works a treat on my player

markh
30th March 2006, 02:33 PM
A question I'd like to know, that sort of goes with this.... Is there anyway to record purchased video clips of iTMS onto DVD to be played in a DVD player?

Squozen
30th March 2006, 02:58 PM
That could be discussed on this forum? No. It breaches the DMCA and the agreement you have with Apple.

markh
30th March 2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Squozen@Mar 30 2006, 03:58 PM
That could be discussed on this forum? No. It breaches the DMCA and the agreement you have with Apple.
DMCA = American crap. And its a legitmate question. You can burn puchased music tracks to CD, so why not a purchased DVD clip to DVD?