PDA

View Full Version : What happened to DVD Studio Pro 4 ?

pgorman
29th March 2006, 07:14 AM
I may be a bit slow but I just noticed there is no way to buy DVD Studio Pro 4 from the Apple store anymore. It can only be bought as part of Final Cut Studio.

Did I miss an announcement ?

Regards

Paul.

titan44
29th March 2006, 07:35 AM
Yup

It's only sold as a pack now, there is a cheap way to get it ( i don't know if this still stands, and I'm a bit sketchy on it but ) you get the upgrade to studio 4 heavily discounted if you already own one of the products from the production suite. i.e get the latesest version of soundtrack then upgrade to the whole suite.

Someone who has done this might want to clarify, as i could have it completely wrong.

f1_power
29th March 2006, 08:30 AM
Yes you can - this page (http://www.apple.com/au/universal/crossgrade/) states how you can take advantage of the special upgrade offer.

Saying that we are still waiting for 2 copies of Final Cut Studio upgraded from our older copies of FCP 4 at work.

lavo
29th March 2006, 10:17 AM
Come to think of it, has the Universal versions of FCS come out yet? I thought they were due in March.

BTW, f1_power, congrats on having your podcast up on the front page of podcasts on iTMS!