PDA

View Full Version : Entourage mail problems

Dubhousing
25th March 2006, 02:30 PM
It would have to happen to my wife wouldn't it, someone who doesn't trust Macs! Since (I think) installing the latest Microsoft Office update my wife opened Entourage and all her mail folders have vanished. I looked at the account settings and they had been wiped clean. I have reapplied the settings and new mail is coming in, but no sign of the folders. I take regular back ups but don't know where to find the folders on the back up disk.

help!

soul assasin
25th March 2006, 02:38 PM
The user data is stored in a database within a folder called "Microsoft User Data"

Rules, mailing lists, signatures, messages, address book, schedules, contacts, tasks, notes, calendar are located in a database:

Entourage X and 2004 : ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office X Identities/your identity
Entourage 2001: <Startup Disk>:Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2001 Identities/your identity

Search for it in your backups then replace it.

Did you point out to your wife that she is having problems with a Microsoft product, not a Mac? ;)

Dubhousing
25th March 2006, 06:06 PM
Sure did&#33;

Thanks for the advice. For some bizzare reason after the update a new documents folder had been created with the original microsoft user data now in a folder called adocuments.

Very hard to break people&#39;s Microsoft addiction

Currawong
25th March 2006, 09:27 PM
It sounds like documents had been renamed somehow, but Entourage found it all the same, but when you updated, the prefs were reset and it created the default.